Film Academy Vienna

Has anyone heard about Film Academy Vienna? They offer masters degrees in multiple areas including Camera and Imaging Technology.

The 2 yeras course is quite affordable aswell. But i dont know about the credibility of academy. Has anyone heard about that?

Is it worth studying?

I shot a Super 16mm short film as gaffer with "Filmakademie Wien" students in Buenos Aires.

should I rate the school only referring to the students craft I should say it´s excellent.

The work of Catalina Molina (director), Klemens Hufnagl (DoP) and David Bohum (producer) was way too good...

I enjoyed so much working with them and the result was very, very good (I couldn´t see the transfer from film because it was back in Austria, but Klemens was very, very happy). I really liked Klemen´s working style and the mood he was able to get...

I upoladed some photos here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/XTREME.ALEK/Ro...TalleresCamara#

and here

http://picasaweb.google.com/XTREME.ALEK/Ro...resIluminacion#

Best regards

Alejandro

• Premium Member
I shot a Super 16mm short film as gaffer with "Filmakademie Wien" students in Buenos Aires.

should I rate the school only referring to the students craft I should say it´s excellent.

The work of Catalina Molina (director), Klemens Hufnagl (DoP) and David Bohum (producer) was way too good...

I think it's very dangerous to judge a school that way.

Cheers, Dave

I think it's very dangerous to judge a school that way.

Cheers, Dave

¿?...Hello!

I started my post saying..."shoul I rate the scool only referring to the students work..."

I can easilly assume that if someone as student is way too good, the school should have some credit (but anyway I could be wrong).

As I told, Cata, David and Klemens work was outstanding...

But you should know the school better than me being from Austria. And that was the question from Malik...so, isn´t the school that good?

Best regards

Alejandro

• Premium Member
I started my post saying..."shoul I rate the scool only referring to the students work..."

I can easilly assume that if someone as student is way too good, the school should have some credit (but anyway I could be wrong).

I was just reinforcing what you said. I have no first hand experience with the school either. There's some great people who came out of their programme and there's lots of no-so-good ones. Same as everywhere. All the other stuff I could say is based on what I have been told by students. Sadly, there is a general problem with that kind of education here in Austria whereas the colleges and universities are really good in other fields.

Cheers, Dave

Well, i couldnt find the details of the course or anything about the program on the website. I just wanted to know about the program? Is it good, worth studying.

I think its up to the student, how seriously one takes the studies, how passionate studnet is. Yes there are brilliant and not-so-good students everywhere.

I am planning about the Film Academy.What you guyz suggest?

Well, i couldnt find the details of the course or anything about the program on the website. I just wanted to know about the program? Is it good, worth studying.

I think its up to the student, how seriously one takes the studies, how passionate studnet is. Yes there are brilliant and not-so-good students everywhere.

I am planning about the Film Academy.What you guyz suggest?

Ask Klemens. Mention my name and this post. He is a very kind person.

Klemens Hufnagl<klemens.hufnagl@gmx.at>,

Best regards from Buenos Aires

Alejandro

• 3 years later...