panasonic warming

gavrosh haxhihyseni

• Premium Member

It's normal for all electronic cameras to generate heat internally when they operate, far more so than the small amount of heat from the motor of a film camera. What is difficult to know over the internet is how hot your camera gets.

Think of a cup of coffee or tea, in a thick ceramic cup, at just the right temperature to drink. Cameras should generally be cooler than that. I'd worry if the camera feels hotter than a nice cup of tea.

-- J.S.

hi!

To those who use panasonic hdx900.Is it normal that the camera warms up during operation in such an extend that makes me affraid whether something is not regular?

Greetings

Goshi

Hi Goshi,

I have a Varicam and can tell you that it gets pretty hot, especially when shooting on a warm set. From your post, I can't tell how warm your camera gets, but if you see smoke coming out...then it's definitely too hot :blink:

To give you an idea, my camera gets hot enough that I wouldn't want to hold my hand on the heat sinks on the top of the camera when they are at full operating temperature. I also always try to shade the camera when shooting outside in the hot sun.