Canon 5D video on reel-show.tv

Phil Rhodes

• Premium Member

I have a face like a bloodhound's funeral, but if you can stand the sight of it, you can see me talking about the Canon 5D at www.reel-show.tv

It's a bit hidden - hit the middle one of the three "Plus Camerimage" listings under "latest programs".

-P

I have a face like a bloodhound's funeral, but if you can stand the sight of it, you can see me talking about the Canon 5D at www.reel-show.tv

It's a bit hidden - hit the middle one of the three "Plus Camerimage" listings under "latest programs".

-P

You seem a little down on these cameras ?

In one breath you are talking about £200 kit lenses and the next comparing the codec to RED

How do compare with say the EX1 which is in the similar price range once your 5d is tricked out a bit

S

I liked the beginning a lot!

The explanation about CMOS jello effect at the beggining was sooo clear. It's something people waffle on about and I understood it was a problem with CMOS and it was something to do with the speed at which the cmos semsors worked but didn't really understand what caused it exactly till now! Really clear, really helpful.

Later on it gets a little waffley and I slightly lost track at one point, mostly is good tho.

What I really felt was missing was footage from the camera. I expected that towards the end we would have been able to see what you had been shooting, then maybe a little wrap up conclusion after that.

Overall it was great tho! I learned quite a bit from watching it actually.

Personally I felt it was quite well balanced and was saying they really are great little cameras for what they are but be aware of the issues.

With regard to the firmware update I wondered if you were reffering to this:

http://www.studiodaily.com/blog/?p=1532

which gives you some more manual control over the camera.

love

Freya

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a link to a test we did with the Camera at Mole Richardson. Was transcoded to 24P and unfortunately on youtube there is some clipping on the speedy parts, but is not there on the original video so ignore it. You will also see that jiggly CMOS as an effect done intentionally at the end. I personally still believe that if you know it's faults and work around them the camera will treat you well.

Oh and I believe you should be able to do 25P no problem. Just edit the whole thing at 30P before the conversion to save you a headache.

• 4 weeks later...