Computer Monitor

Bucky OConnell

Hey guys I am wondering if anyone has any idea what kind of Monitor would be good for video editing, I looked at the apple cinema display but it is too expensive, does anyone out there know if there are any other good and reliable monitors with good quality for a decent price? let me know, thanks!

• Premium Member

I have the NEC AccuSync LCD24WMCX. It's a 24 inch 16x10 Aspect Ratio. It's very bright and crisp. It's pretty good, but not even close to the quality of a cinema display, but it is cheaper (about 350-400 bucks). It is an LCD, so the viewing angles are limited, you really need to be looking at it straight on. I don't work for NEC. A monitor at this level is fine for editing, but if you want to do any color correction or anything else that requires accurate display of colors, contrast, brightness, etc... a computer monitor wont cut it. You will need a professional video monitor that you can calibrate. Samsung also makes a computer monitor with similar specs and price

Hey guys I am wondering if anyone has any idea what kind of Monitor would be good for video editing, I looked at the apple cinema display but it is too expensive, does anyone out there know if there are any other good and reliable monitors with good quality for a decent price? let me know, thanks!

If you want only to edit any 24" to 30" LCD Monitor is a good investment, For a decent price look for HP or Dell.

But if what you want is accurate color representation for a decent price Eizo are the best LCD Monitors, they have some 10 bits models:

http://www.eizo.com/index.asp

Another option is the awards winner HP Dream Color:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF...71-3648397.html

Good Luck