Seeking DP for Tuesday, August 4, for easy comedy piece in L.A.

Hello all you talented DPs.

I'm looking for a DP for this Tuesday, August 4, who's looking to add something funny and visual to their reel.

The piece is called "The Worst Magician in the World." Alas, no pay (apologies), but my working style is fun and professional -- as comedy should be. I'm saying this to specifically counter the all-too-common experience of "less pay = less respect." (I've experienced it, and I imagine you have, too. Not going to happen with me!)

I'm shooting three 1 minute comedy pieces, with one actor performing directly to the camera. It's one setup for all three pieces, and the camera doesn't move. So when I say "easy," I'm not exaggerating.

The whole thing should take maybe 3 hours, tops.

I'm a writer/director ( my IMDB listing). I wrote for several hit network shows, and I'm doing several web series this fall that will have actual budgets. This piece I'm doing Tuesday does not have a budget, so it would be strictly a "build your reel doing something fun" experience.

If you're interested, please email me ASAP since we're shooting this Tuesday. BTW, the shoot is in a friend's house in Hollywood Hills near the Hollywood Bowl if distance is a factor for you.

We've got an HVX 200, an Arri light kit, and misc. gear.

Thanks for your time, and again, apologies for the non-paying gig.

-- David Willis

Edited by David Willis