Total newbie needs advice

Hello forum

first of all I reviewed topics and there are really professionals

I am total newbie in this business, I know finance and business structure of hollywood movie world, but do not know anything about camera and technical stuff

what advice you can give to total newbie

ok first, go and learn, I will but give me path, just brief 10 major steps I should make, I need to learn production, working with camera, pre-production, planning, post production, promotion, anything with film

give me good advice and resources to learn

thanks

Edited by nickk

What is it you want to know about cameras? If you have specific questions you could try googling them or if you've searched and come up with nothing or perhaps don't understand something, then ask away here.

If you know nothing about cameras then start off with the basic mechanics of a camera and work from there... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera

Google, Wikipedia and the rest of the Internet are your free resources. They may be wrong in some places but you do get what you pay for.

I also recommend getting a book on cinematography (see David's suggestion) or photography - the principles are very much the same. If your after free then try your local library or if your willing to spend a bit of money then try some second hand book stores.

You can also buy a second hand film SLR camera and start practising by yourself, there have been a few threads here on doing this. If there are courses in basic photography where you live then that's another option. I'm sure there are even DVD instructional videos available if you googled for them.

I hope that's of some help.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello forum

first of all I reviewed topics and there are really professionals

I am total newbie in this business, I know finance and business structure of hollywood movie world, but do not know anything about camera and technical stuff

what advice you can give to total newbie

ok first, go and learn, I will but give me path, just brief 10 major steps I should make, I need to learn production, working with camera, pre-production, planning, post production, promotion, anything with film

give me good advice and resources to learn

thanks

hi nick, i think you should start choosing a "path". in my case a chose Production, i am in my 3th year, but in the meantime also al learn a little about everything, you will learn that every part of making a movie conectes with each other in different levels.

making a movie is a "team work" is very important to remember that.

to make a movie you dont need the best camera or equipment, you need the best crew, if they are good then the movie is a instant "hit".

you should try to meet someone in the field so he can give a more personal advice.

don.t know what to add. anyway PM me if you have aquestion

cheers

damian