Cinematographer's Reel

Hi, I'm Helsinki (Finland) based Cinematographer and I just finished my first showreel. Please take a look and give me your opinion! Reel contains material mainly from music videos and shorts I've shot within a year.

Take a look - I recently also launched my new website!

http://www.mattieerikainen.net/showreel.html

Cheers,

Matti

Hey Matti I really enjoyed your demo real. From student to student it is very impressive what year are you on? and how many years is your program? Keep up the great work :)

Myles

Thanks for the feedback! Nice to hear that you both liked it.

Myles, I'm starting my second year cinematography studies at the University of Art and Design Helsinki / Motion Picture and Production Design Department (http://wwww.taik.fi/elo/english/). It's the only university in Finland to study motion picture and production design. It's three years to BA and two to MA. I accomplished BA at the University of Applied Sciences but I had to start it all from the beginning because you can't apply to the masters degree in the Motion Picture department - or at least not yet (I think they are planning some changes now). They take 2-3 students each year to the BA degree (directing, cinematography, edit, sound, script, production, set design and costume design) which leads more or less straight to the MA studies after accomplishing the BA degree. So we are growing together into the Finnish movie scene.. or so we hope. But hey, I don't know how these things work - I'm just focusing on cinema and trying to learn something new every day.

Matti

Edited by Matti Eerikainen

• 2 weeks later...