Recommend a post house in L.A.

Joe Riggs

Hi,

A short film of mine, running 11 minutes has been accepted into a film festival, I am looking for a place to transfer the quicktime file to HDCam. One place, quoted me a price for the transfer and I was shocked by the cost (even if I supplied the stock). Please recommend a post house in L.A., San Diego, or any where in between that maybe a little more reasonable?

Thank you

Edited by Joe Riggs

Hi,

A short film of mine, running 11 minutes has been accepted into a film festival, I am looking for a place to transfer the quicktime file to HDCam. One place, quoted me a price for the transfer and I was shocked by the cost (even if I supplied the stock). Please recommend a post house in L.A., San Diego, or any where in between that maybe a little more reasonable?

Thank you

The trick is to find a place that actually owns an HDCam deck, not a post house (usually the smaller ones) that doesn't own a deck but says they can do it while sticking you with an inflated charge that they pay to rent the deck from someone else. Fotokem and their student rates may be an option. Call around, there are a lot of those decks in LA.

The trick is to find a place that actually owns an HDCam deck, not a post house (usually the smaller ones) that doesn't own a deck but says they can do it while sticking you with an inflated charge that they pay to rent the deck from someone else. Fotokem and their student rates may be an option. Call around, there are a lot of those decks in LA.

Elliot, thanks for the info. I didn't realize the post house renting situation, I'll try to seek out some places that actually own an HDCam deck.

• Premium Member

I don't know that you're going to find a lot of variation in prices, but here are a few to try:

Modern Video 818 840-1700

Paramount Video Ops 323 956-1973

Laser-Pacific 323 462-6266

These are all major players, they have lots of HDCam decks.

-- J.S.