Seeking for Camera PA work in Toronto

Hello there!

I'm seeking to find a volunteer/intern position as a Camera PA in Toronto, Canada.

I am extremely interested in becoming a Loader/AC.

I have some experience with cameras, but mostly with the digital format though am very eager to learn the film medium and work with First AC's, Seconds.

Thank you,

Simona

• 2 weeks later...

Consider this:

IATSE 667 Trainee Program

That's how I got started. It's a great way to work on union shows in the camera department and learn how to be a good 2nd. They admit trainees once a year and put you on a rotation so you work about 5-6 weeks on different shows with different crews at a time. The program takes about a year and then you upgrade as a 2nd AC in 667.

Things have been quite busy lately, so it's a good time to join and get started.

Get in touch with IATSE 667. The trainee program accepts trainees once a year (application deadline is December of each year) but apparently there's a severe shortage of trainees right now (the industry got busy all of a sudden) and they are letting anyone in who applies because they're desperate. This is what I heard from the grapevine, so YMMV, but now's a great time to apply if you want to work right away...