Sign in to follow this  
Oliver Christoph Kochs

P2 card recovery after accidental formatting

Hello, dear collegues.

Need help on a P2 problem and I am not familiar with Panasonic stuff. I am helping out with an accidentally formatted card. The project was recorded in SD. We recovered everything the software could find on the card. One Folder was 4000 .dv files with a length of 1 second and 20 frames each. They're in the right order numerically. If i batch them together they would work except that there is 1 frame missing inbetween those .dv files. So For me there are questions like:

Where are the missing frames?

Why are there 2 second segments in .dv format?

Are there unrecovered mxf files on the card in SD as well?

Panasonic does not seem to know, so if you can help, I'd be lucky.

Thanx in advance.

Oliver

Hello, dear collegues.

Need help on a P2 problem and I am not familiar with Panasonic stuff. I am helping out with an accidentally formatted card. The project was recorded in SD. We recovered everything the software could find on the card. One Folder was 4000 .dv files with a length of 1 second and 20 frames each. They're in the right order numerically. If i batch them together they would work except that there is 1 frame missing inbetween those .dv files. So For me there are questions like:

Where are the missing frames?

Why are there 2 second segments in .dv format?

Are there unrecovered mxf files on the card in SD as well?

Panasonic does not seem to know, so if you can help, I'd be lucky.

Thanx in advance.

Oliver

Forget the data......

Forget the data......

Nope. The card was fully recovered after we sent it to Panasonic. They have their own tool for P2 recovery as the cards seem to have a file system "on top" of the usual FAT32. The other tools just couldn't rcover the whole stuff.

So it is possible to recover a formatted P2 but you have to send it to them.

You may have lost your vital photos, videos(.mxf) and audio files from a Panasonic P2 Card due to any reason. As a matter of fact, the files are not completely erased from the P2 Card on the deletion or formatting. Only files names and properties are erased, the file content is still hanging around and recoverable. All you need is to get a UFUSoft P2 Card recovery Mac tool, which can help to retrieve all the contents. And this article could help you exactly. http://www.data-photo-recovery-tips.com/recover-panasonic-p2-card-photoaudiovideo-mxf-on-mac-p2-card-data-recovery-program/