goodbye mark2 hello 7d

Ram Shani

The King Is Dead! Long Live The King! . . . All over again, and ad infinitum with digital technology. :blink:

The good thing about the Lumix GH1 is that Hot Rod has the PL mount adapter, which enables the use of real cine lenses with it (and therefore better focus pulling and large aperture capabilities), whereas I don't think there is one for the Canons yet.

The King Is Dead! Long Live The King! . . . All over again, and ad infinitum with digital technology. :blink:

The good thing about the Lumix GH1 is that Hot Rod has the PL mount adapter, which enables the use of real cine lenses with it (and therefore better focus pulling and large aperture capabilities), whereas I don't think there is one for the Canons yet.

According to my friend who is an owner of one of them, but for the most part a soundman, there is... But I think the Full-frame sensor would be the equivalent of an 8 perf camera, so I don't see how the image circle would cover the range, esp at the wider end. I also think there is a Panavision mount... http://blog.planet5d.com/2009/04/panavisio...non-5d-mark-ii/ I think that qualifies as a real cine lens...

According to my friend who is an owner of one of them, but for the most part a soundman, there is... But I think the Full-frame sensor would be the equivalent of an 8 perf camera, so I don't see how the image circle would cover the range, esp at the wider end. I also think there is a Panavision mount... http://blog.planet5d.com/2009/04/panavisio...non-5d-mark-ii/ I think that qualifies as a real cine lens...

True, I found out about the Panavision mount short time ago, of course. Can't find any info on the PL mount though.

And I believe the video mode does not use the entire image area (6 perf 35 mm) of the 5D, and at least for 16x9, it simply couldn't without some electronic squeezing.

In that regard, the 7D (roughly 4 perf 35 mm / APC- S sized sensor) would be a better fit with 35 mp lenses, anyway.