Which Eclair NPR should I buy?

Tomaso Aramini

Hi eveyone!

For my next low budget feature film I am considering to buy a Eclair NPR which for its features will be really suitable. I want to ask you which of those I found on ebay you would buy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170297575560&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120450022861&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The differences are apart from the price a complete kit the first seller would give the buyer, while the second one is an ex factory super 16mm (I have never heard about NPR original super 16mm) which maybe can be safer.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions,

Tomaso Aramini

i would say 120450022861 is definitely the better of the two. It has the alcan motor and the angeniuex orientable viewfinder.

I would say the downsides of it are the lens mounts.

Is the lens with it going to be suitable for what you want?

I would also say it seems a little expensive, although im guessing thats because the video tap is with it, maybe able to pick up an acl or aaton ltr or something similar for that price? although i'm not sure what the camera market is like in the states at the moment.

im sure alot of people on here have much better input on this subject than me.

i would say 120450022861 is definitely the better of the two. It has the alcan motor and the angeniuex orientable viewfinder.

I would also say it seems a little expensive, although im guessing thats because the video tap is with it, maybe able to pick up an acl or aaton ltr or something similar for that price? although i'm not sure what the camera market is like in the states at the moment.

Thank you Stephen for your fast answer. I am also thinking that second solution would be better. The seller guarenteed me the lens has no scratches, fungus or any damages so it is going tobe suitable altough i will lso need a couple of fast prime lenses. The vide tap is brand new so that's why the prize became, I suppose, a little more expensive than an usual NPR.

I've looked around and unfortunately seems that the aaton start from 7.000 dollars, too much for me.

Thee was a big forum went on for a while about the ACL or NPR, and seems that can occur some problems with the shutter of the ACL, and the motor might have some difficulties supporting the 400 feet magazine, especialy te England, but if someone knows more and better can post.

Thank you Stephen for your fast answer. I am also thinking that second solution would be better. The seller guarenteed me the lens has no scratches, fungus or any damages so it is going tobe suitable altough i will lso need a couple of fast prime lenses. The vide tap is brand new so that's why the prize became, I suppose, a little more expensive than an usual NPR.

I've looked around and unfortunately seems that the aaton start from 7.000 dollars, too much for me.

Thee was a big forum went on for a while about the ACL or NPR, and seems that can occur some problems with the shutter of the ACL, and the motor might have some difficulties supporting the 400 feet magazine, especialy te England, but if someone knows more and better can post.

• 2 months later...
Hi eveyone!

For my next low budget feature film I am considering to buy a Eclair NPR which for its features will be really suitable. I want to ask you which of those I found on ebay you would buy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170297575560&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120450022861&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The differences are apart from the price a complete kit the first seller would give the buyer, while the second one is an ex factory super 16mm (I have never heard about NPR original super 16mm) which maybe can be safer.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions,

Tomaso Aramini

An ORIGINAL Super 16mm NPR doesn't exist. They never built any NPR super 16mm cameras

Cameraspro