Kinda Sleazy Way To Sell Your Camera Gear

Tim Carroll

• Premium Member

I always peruse the eBay auctions on Monday morning, looking for old Arriflex gear, and I came across this one today. It has more pictures of a scantily clad woman and the cameras.

Well, since nothing seems to be selling these days, maybe this approach will work.

NotMyImage.jpg

You can view the whole auction at the link below:

Scantily clad woman and Arriflex Cameras on eBay

Best,

-Tim

Well the beer companies figured out ages ago that men will buy any thing associated with scantily clad women.

And since women make up maybe 1% of camera operators around the globe this guys marketing campaign is bang on the money.

R,

Here is a copy of my question to the seller:

Dear filmguy808:

Since there are so many pictures of the hot babe, I can't help wondering if she is included in this auction.

Thank you

His reply:

Buy the cameras at double the price and she might be available for your next picture.

- filmguy808

• Premium Member
60s and 70s ads in AC for AlanEGordon Enterprises always included photos of bikini clad or miniskirted models handling the equipment.

Current glidecam and steadicam ads often feature women with the rigs. My favorite is the steadicam ad where the cute blond is flying a mitchell NC. :lol:

• Premium Member
Okay cool, so next time I show up on set, it'll be in a bikini and tool belt. I mean, heck, why not? ;)

If ever I doubted that the film biz is a boys' club.... :sigh:

Well, if it'll make you feel better, we'll show up to work in speedos. On second thought, maybe not...

• Premium Member
Okay cool, so next time I show up on set, it'll be in a bikini and tool belt. I mean, heck, why not? ;)

If ever I doubted that the film biz is a boys' club.... :sigh:

If you ever want to see what reactions that'll bring, as we look vaguely similar, I'm told, I'll wear it for the day and you can observe ;)

<3 u Annie.

• 2 weeks later...

That relaxed Hawaii lifestyle seems to have given this chap too much spare time! I can see it working with a car...but it just looks idiotic with cameras...however this lot does stand out from the crowd considerably, which it what you want on eBay.

All the best to him!