Grip/Gaffer looking for Agency Rep in NYC

Thomas Chaves

I am in search of a Crewing Agency, a producer, or someone who can recommend me for work on different productions being shot here in the Tri-State area. If I am hired for the production you (or they) recommend me to, I will pay you 10% of what I make (total) and pay you in cash. I will issue payment as soon as the production pays me. I would be more than willing to put this in writing and sign off on it. I feel that if someone can go out of their way to recommend me for a job, I will not have to work as hard on my down time looking for more work. I figure this works out well for both of us.

I am a Grip/Gaffer with an extended cargo van, lights, and grip equipment. I own a lot of tungsten lights, kino lights, C-Stands, a skateboard dolly & track, bounce boards, etc. I also have an indoor garage where I park my van. The garage has 24hr access and 24hr security, so if a production chooses to leave equipment in my van overnight, they do not have to worry about any of it getting stolen or pay extra to park in a bonded lot. For a complete list of the equipment that I own and can provide, please visit my website at www.MastershotFilms.com. You can also email me and I will get back to you with a PDF list of all of my lights & equip.

I have worked as a Gaffer/Grip for several years on different productions ranging from short films, music videos, commercials, features, documentaries, webisodes, etc. I have many references from my past clients that will attest to my strong work-ethic. These people are producers, cinematographers, directors, etc. I also hold a BA in Film Production.

If you or someone you know would like to meet and inspect the lights and equipment, please let me know and we'll discuss a place and time to meet. You are more than welcome to visit my garage in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn as well.