New Arri HD camera?

Guest Stephen Murphy

But they compared the F35 @800ASA and therefore the issues with banding?

I hope ARRI will share some of their technology in the still-photography world, Leica is currently working on an EVIL (Electric Viewfinder Interchangeable Lenses) - 24x36mm-system and they need CMOS-sensors and a high-quality EVF. What was your impression on the ARRI EVF? Is it really a good replacement IQ-wise for an optical viewfinder? The current 800x600-EVFs didn't convince me at all.

@Thomas

Tanks, I simply used it as a opportunity to train my English-skills, when it's halfway readable and made some technical basics in this crazy marketing-poisoned world clear I'm happy ;-)

• Premium Member
But they compared the F35 @800ASA and therefore the issues with banding?

I hope ARRI will share some of their technology in the still-photography world, Leica is currently working on an EVIL (Electric Viewfinder Interchangeable Lenses) - 24x36mm-system and they need CMOS-sensors and a high-quality EVF. What was your impression on the ARRI EVF? Is it really a good replacement IQ-wise for an optical viewfinder? The current 800x600-EVFs didn't convince me at all.

@Thomas

Tanks, I simply used it as a opportunity to train my English-skills, when it's halfway readable and made some technical basics in this crazy marketing-poisoned world clear I'm happy ;-)

Hi,

The Arri EVF is better thzn other ones available to buy today. Interested to test it next to a new Red finder.

I thought the F35 was at 400 or 450 ISO, whatever it was it had war more noise than the Arri, no contest whatsoever IMHO.

Stephen

• Premium Member
Stephen,

Is that a digital mag for the Arriflex 16SR3? Sure looks like one. Can you give us a bit more detail?

Best,

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Thats a P+S prototype, pricing will be in the 20-30,000 Euro range.

Here is a link http://pstechnik.de/en/digitalfilm-16sr-magazine.php

Stephen

• Premium Member

Awesome. Well that's something I"ll certainly track down a rental on whenever Possible.

And while I agree I should just leave the SR in the case and let it rent out when I'm using it in "digi" mode; sadly, I don't have enough accesories to outfit 2x cams at once, hence why I'd love to downsize and keep it to as many camera kits as possible.

• 1 month later...
Guest alvitdk
+1 :rolleyes:

Here is the newest info on the 16D SR magazine:

Sensor:

The sensor specifications are as follows:

Pixel Size 5µm

max. Resolution (HD-SDI) 1920x1080

Sensor Size @ HD Res. 9,6x5,4mm

max. Resolution 1968x1108

Sensor Size @ max. Res. 9,84x5,54mm

Sensitivity F11/2000lx

Dynamic Range (linear mode) 60db/10-11 Blenden

Exposure through Mirror Shutter Yes

Constant Black Set Yes. With exterior located pixels on sensor

According to the specifications above we’ll deliver the SR Digital Magazine with a full HD Sensor.

Following the technological progress of sensors, P+S Technik will also offer an upgrade to a Super16mm Sensor in future, once more saving the client’s investment.

Operation:

The input interface on the side of the mag will disappear and be replaced by an external device.

iPhone owners will be happy to know that we’re also considering preparing an App, allowing you to operate the mag at a tip of the finger.

Modification:

No modification on your Arri SR cameras (I, II, III) is necessary. Only the film gate needs to be replaced by a film gate we’ll provide with the mag.

You’ll always have the possibility to switch the film gates with easy, allowing you to once again, use 16mm film stock on your camera.

Miscellaneous:

We’re focusing on the development of a 16Digital SR Mag for the SR series only. Supporting other camera types with our Mag isn’t planned as of yet.

Delivery time is estimated in the first half of 2010.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Hi,

Niether Leica on their DMR,M8 & M9,or Phase One on their medium format backs use a OLPF.I'm no techie,but to my eye,these camera's produce a more acceptable digital image than the current crop of Canon's & Nikons etc.

Tom.

Their pixel counts are very large. As that increases, the need for an OLPF decreases.