Loading Arri 235

I couldn't find a diagram in my manual. Is it 9 6 or 9 9?

anybody have a pictures of the insides of this mag?

Its a 9P magazine. same basic threading as a 435 magazine, just the take up side is placed further back into the design, so that it sits over your shoulder.

http://www.arri.de/camera/35_mm_film/arrif...235.html#_blank

go to downloads then click Arri 235 Manual PDF, for magazine loading diagrams and pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys,

I'm sorry, but I couldn't understand what you're talking about when you're saying 9 6 or 9 9.

Reading Tony, I guess there's something with perforations...

Can someone enlighten me about it ?

Thanks !

It is not a perf thing. When looking at a loaded 235 mag that is opened in front of you, the spool side is shaped like the number "9", with film moving in a clockwise direction. The take up side, is shaped like a "P" with film also moving in a clockwise direction. The circles on the letters represent the cores, and the tails represent the direction of the film. On panavision magazines they are loaded with the take up side winding in the counter clockwise direction, creating what would be called a "9 9" magazine. I realized this is much harder to explain without having two mags to show someone.

• Premium Member
It is not a perf thing. When looking at a loaded 235 mag that is opened in front of you, the spool side is shaped like the number "9", with film moving in a clockwise direction. The take up side, is shaped like a "P" with film also moving in a clockwise direction. The circles on the letters represent the cores, and the tails represent the direction of the film.

One of the clearest explanations I've ever read. Good Job!

One of the clearest explanations I've ever read. Good Job!

You could not be more clear than that...

I got it !

Thanks Tony !

So as I understand it, if you take any Arricam Mag, it's 9P magazine, right ?

Edited by Kevin Laurent