Beaulieu lens options

Derek Van Gorder

Hello, I've got another Beaulieu question...

Anybody have some good suggestions for C-mount prime lenses to use on the Beaulieu? I know that in general, prime lenses are supposed to be sharper than zoom lenses, is this true even with when comparing to the Beaulieu 4008 ZM II's Schneider lens? What about the Angenieux?

Also, will the camera's built-in light meter still work with non-stock lenses?

Hello, I've got another Beaulieu question...

Anybody have some good suggestions for C-mount prime lenses to use on the Beaulieu? I know that in general, prime lenses are supposed to be sharper than zoom lenses, is this true even with when comparing to the Beaulieu 4008 ZM II's Schneider lens? What about the Angenieux?

Also, will the camera's built-in light meter still work with non-stock lenses?

primes are better if you are comparing apples to apples. if you have a schneider zoom and use a schneider 16mm prime of the same era you will get nicer results. you are effectivly halving the glass therefor improving sharpness. i just ordered myself some zeiss and cooke 16mm primes. they are f2 but im willing to live with the slower glass in comparison to the beaulieu zooms which are generally pretty quick but the image quality will be nicer. if you get to try some really modern glass on your camera please post the results!