Question on an adapter or clamp

Perrone Ford

Hi all,

I am looking for something that should be relatively simple.

I have some Manfrotto stands (light stands) that came with my light duty background support kit. The top of these does not have a standard baby pin, but rather has a smaller pin with screw threads.

546381.jpg

In that same kit is the following clamp:

546392.jpg

While I don't need the background support that often, I do use these stands and clamps as a way to hold flags.

What I am looking for is a clamp or something similar that can do the same job with a baby pin, so I can use c-stands or other light stands without this screw-top fitting. I haven't been able to find anything similar.

Essentially it should just be a basic clamp that has a baby fitting to allow the flag to be vertical. I have clamps that fit in a gobo head, but sometimes I'd be just fine with a clamp right on the head of the stand.

Thanks for any help or info with this.

-Perrone

• 1 month later...

Sorry to be so late on this. I don't really care if the clamp fits the Manfrotto stands. I just want it to fit over a baby pin and give me a clamp. A common cardellini won't do this. It HAS a baby pin on it. I need a clamp that accepts a baby pin.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to be so late on this. I don't really care if the clamp fits the Manfrotto stands. I just want it to fit over a baby pin and give me a clamp. A common cardellini won't do this. It HAS a baby pin on it. I need a clamp that accepts a baby pin.

You're looking for a clamp, like a pelican, that has a baby reciever instead of a pin? I don't see how it would be useful for holding a bounceboard, flag, net or something similar. There would be little or no flexibility in orienting the object held in the clamp jaws.

You're looking for a clamp, like a pelican, that has a baby reciever instead of a pin? I don't see how it would be useful for holding a bounceboard, flag, net or something similar. There would be little or no flexibility in orienting the object held in the clamp jaws.

Correct. There would be no flexibility. However, in many instances, when I've got 15 minutes to set up an interview set, simple and fast is welcome. Pop a light stand up, clamp on a bounce board, put up the softbox, focus and shoot. I can toss the clamp(s) in the bag with the stands and have a "fast kit". I realize that this usage won't win any awards, but I am often under serious time pressure to get interviews done sometimes and this would be a welcome solution despite the lack of flexibility.

I guess what I want isn't out there, so I'll just have to find another solution.

So already owning th clamps which have baby pins attached, you need something to couple two 5/8", baby pin together. Something like: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/2570..._to_Female.html or: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5601...tor_Socket.html If that's what you need, I can fabricate them for you for less than what Bogen wants. Send me a PM and We can discuss the detaisl.