16mm lens in HD camera

alvaro cortes

Hi Guys, I got 6 ARRI SR I Prime Lenses (W/arri Bayonet mount) and I want to buy an HD camera (U$ 10,000 budget) thinking in future 35mm finishing.

I know that I need an adaptator for the lenses, but my answer is: Which one? (16mm lens with SRI mount).

Any Advice??

Best regards to all,

alvaro

• Premium Member

Don't restrict your thinking like that. Lenses are just one of many tools, don't fall in love with them. The best advice is, sell the lenses to someone who wants them for 16mm film use, and increase your HD camera budget by whatever you get for them. Most HD cameras in that price range come with a zoom lens permanently mounted.

-- J.S.

Hi Guys, I got 6 ARRI SR I Prime Lenses (W/arri Bayonet mount) and I want to buy an HD camera (U$ 10,000 budget) thinking in future 35mm finishing.

I know that I need an adaptator for the lenses, but my answer is: Which one? (16mm lens with SRI mount).

Any Advice??

Best regards to all,

alvaro

A lot of them won't mount as the rear element would hit the prism. Also because they're designed for a single plane rather than a 3 CCD prism they likely won't be as good as you might think.

Steve