Anamorphic flares from attachment

ericyeong

• Premium Member

Century made 2 versions for mini-dv cameras, the non-focusing type and the focusing type, the focusing type does not give the same blue flares for whatever reason (possible change of coatings?), the non-focuing type does give blue anamorphic flares. But if your using these on something else other than a 1/3" camera, your going to have difficulty getting a sharp image on anything other than a wide.

If your just looking to experiment, I have played with some older 35mm anamorphic projector attachments by bauch and lomb and they have great flare, its just difficult focusing two lenses at the same time and they are quite big- but they are edge to edge sharp and can be picked up on ebay for under $50. (they are also 2x instead of 1.33x compression)

Century made 2 versions for mini-dv cameras, the non-focusing type and the focusing type, the focusing type does not give the same blue flares for whatever reason (possible change of coatings?), the non-focuing type does give blue anamorphic flares. But if your using these on something else other than a 1/3" camera, your going to have difficulty getting a sharp image on anything other than a wide.

If your just looking to experiment, I have played with some older 35mm anamorphic projector attachments by bauch and lomb and they have great flare, its just difficult focusing two lenses at the same time and they are quite big- but they are edge to edge sharp and can be picked up on ebay for under $50. (they are also 2x instead of 1.33x compression)

Hi Hunter I already PM'd you on dvxuser because I had forgotten my password here. So sorry for the double post, but I just have some questions.

Hi Hunter,

First off let me say I am a big fan of your work and I just wish you would update your blogspot more often. Love your red tests matching red to super 16 stock etc. I have a 5d mark II would I be able to use such an adapter with a photo lens and could you recommend one? & If so how do you attach the lens to the photo lens do you need step up/down rings do you need to get spacers for focus? Sorry for all the questions but I thought you might have experience in this?!

PS is this the type of projector lens you are referencing

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BAUSCH-LOMB-2...ht_2686wt_1007

Thanks in advance for your time, and I hope some day to be able to return the favour!

Sam