Single 8 Film Site

Ernie Zahn

I ordered a roll of RT200N film from http://www.single8film.com/ about 3-4 weeks ago and have gotten no confirmation or acknowledgment of my order since the purchase. We've had to cancel a shoot twice because of this film not getting here and we still haven't received it.

Has anyone ordered from them recently? What's going on there?

Have you tried to contact them, to see that they received your order?

I sent them an email. They never responded. So after a week of waiting I sought out their phone #, which is not listed on the site. After some google searching I found it on a small business phone book and left a voicemail. I gave them my phone number on the message. That was Friday during normal work hours. There has been no response yet but I imagine that if they didn't hear the message Friday then they won't till Monday. I don't have much confidence in them hearing the voicemail though. There were two phone #'s the first one I left a message and the second had a full mailbox. I think this company is run by one person and he has gone MIA. If he is no longer offering services then he should not leave his PayPal checkout open. He has my money and I have no merchandise.

Here's the info I found on the company:

Registrant Contact:

Ickity Ackity Oop, Inc.

Kent Bulza ()

Fax:

2808 Elm Street

Unit 1

Los Angeles, CA 90065

US

Administrative Contact:

Ickity Ackity Oop, Inc.

Kent Bulza (info@single8film.com)

+1.2136521857

Fax: +1.3233751655

2808 Elm Street

Unit 1

Los Angeles, CA 90065

US

Technical Contact:

Ickity Ackity Oop, Inc.

Kent Bulza (kent@single8film.com)

+1.3232702730

Fax: +1.3233751655

2808 Elm Street

Unit 1

Los Angeles, CA 90065

US

Guest Kevin Thomas
I ordered a roll of RT200N film from http://www.single8film.com/ about 3-4 weeks ago and have gotten no confirmation or acknowledgment of my order since the purchase. We've had to cancel a shoot twice because of this film not getting here and we still haven't received it.

Has anyone ordered from them recently? What's going on there?

You might be interested in these posts

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/...ic;f=1;t=004643

Could be time to contact Paypal for a refund

• 4 weeks later...
I sent them an email. They never responded. So after a week of waiting I sought out their phone #, which is not listed on the site. After some google searching I found it on a small business phone book and left a voicemail. I gave them my phone number on the message. That was Friday during normal work hours. There has been no response yet but I imagine that if they didn't hear the message Friday then they won't till Monday. I don't have much confidence in them hearing the voicemail though. There were two phone #'s the first one I left a message and the second had a full mailbox. I think this company is run by one person and he has gone MIA. If he is no longer offering services then he should not leave his PayPal checkout open. He has my money and I have no merchandise.

Same for me, Ernie!

Three times e-mail and one time fax, result: NO answer at all. I paid USD 127! I am very nervous!!!

Keep informed each other.

Thanks!

Edited by Erkan Umut

on all forums it is reported as dead as a donkey. I haven't gotten any reply either. And this was to my reply on a special offer on their initiative. And before that the last time I ordered it took forever to get the emailing done. And get some action on shipping.

It is same as with these other super-8 side operations where the owners get bored and even get angry with people who want to spend money. Stupid ***. They are damaging the imago of serious super-8 applications.

don't send money and recall it if you can.

It is far better to order real fresh film from retro8.com (use the english pages :) )

I t may seem steep but considering it is all included.

Or order from FFR in germany if you are in Europe.

Today I've got a message from Mr. Kent Bulza <kent@single8film.com>:

Erkan:

Thanks for your email.

By now you should have received a refund for your order. If you haven't let me know.

Right now I'm in the middle of closing down operations as soon as all refunds have been issued. There is a very small supply of expired stock available. I'm planning on placing it on eBay shortly. I'm sorry I wasn't able to fulfill your order. Earlier in the year we ran into some financial problems because someone (not related to single8film.com) did not pay me. This caused us to get into a bad situation with our suppliers. Only in the last few weeks have I been able to make up for the damage. But we won't be selling Single-8 film beyond the supply we now have. We may continue selling batteries -- I haven't decided that yet.

• 3 weeks later...