Trailer for no budget feature

Michael LaVoie

You really should take an hour or two and just watch trailers on youtube. 99% of them have voiceover. That would really help this. The first part drags. Get to the meat and move on. Use all your best shots and don't get repetitive. I think it's too long. I didn't time it but trailers are usually 30, 60 and 90 seconds. You have some really nice stuff in there and some ok stuff. A trailer is a commercial and in a trailer you will never see just a normal shot unless it's a close up of a famous actor. Every shot is the money shot in a commercial. Short, sweet and to the point.

• Premium Member
Looks great, nice acting , lighting; what medium is it?

All I can tell is I don't think it's HDV.

It was P2 something or other. I'm going to guessssss HVX with the Mini-35 adapter.

I watch quite a lot of trailers for "no budget" movies. They are uniformly awful.

This is a conspicuous exception.

P

Best feedback you'll ever get from Phil, quick, print his comment onto the front of your DVD box before he changes his mind!! :D

R,

Thanks for the kind words. Seems like the overwhelming comment is that I had more to work with than most "no budgets". To be fair, my definition of no budget is anything under 6 weeks and under 100K. But I've gotten a lot of positive comments about the look. Maybe Sneakers stands out because there's no handheld. We stayed on sticks and most of the time, a dolly or jib. The goal was to shoot a movie in the style of Stand by Me. Lots of movement but almost invisible. With lighting that feels like available light.