Good Telecine/Scan in the Midwest?

I'm shooting a little 16mm thing on the side, just to enter in festivals and stuff. I'm in Michigan and having a really hard time finding any decent telecine or scanning services around the area.

I found a couple "transfer your old memories to video" type places around Detoit and sent in a 100' reel just to test the quality. It came back looking like some kind of home video 1-CCD crap, and for some reason I couldn't remove the pull-down in Cinema Tools.

Any suggestions for good digital transfers around the Great Lakes area? I read a lot of love on here for Cinelab in MA but that's a little far away and the minimum is $125 so I can't do my 100' test. :)

Thanks!

Thanks! Is there a rate sheet or anything for them? I can't seem to find anything on their website about actually ordering services, but it looks like a really quality place!

check out digital transfer services. they have a spirit set up for 16mm. I was going to use them but cinelab gave me a better deal. here is a link:

http://www.digitaltransfersystems.net/Serv...elecine.HD.aspx

Hey Michael, try Nolo Digital Film in Chicago - www.nolodigitalfilm.com

We scan 16mm/Super16mm film at 2k via an Arriscan, the quality of which will not disappoint you. Give our producer Joe a call sometime with the details of your project and he can work out a nice quote for you. We can also generate tape masters for festival distribution.

Edited by Elliot Rudmann

• 1 year later...