Tape Problems

GLPVideo

I've not heard anyone with particularly bad experiences when sticking to one type of tape - the problems come from mixing and matching wet and dry lubes together.

I use the Panasonic MQs now, and used to use Fuji tapes in my DVX, and I haven't had any tape problems.

I've used quite a few brands, some TDK, pansonic dvc, regular maxell & sony consumerables. I try to keep panny pq and mq in my deck. So far no problems though, no dropouts, no garbled audio etc.

We'll see what happens when projects become more demanding though.

I've used quite a few brands, some TDK, pansonic dvc, regular maxell & sony consumerables. I try to keep panny pq and mq in my deck. So far no problems though, no dropouts, no garbled audio etc.

I've heard several people say switching brands gave them no problems - but I've also heard the exact opposite. I'd strongly suggest against it - if it *did* clog your camera, you'd be screwed. Not worth the risk IMHO.

I've heard several people say switching brands gave them no problems - but I've also heard the exact opposite.  I'd strongly suggest against it - if it *did* clog your camera, you'd be screwed.  Not worth the risk IMHO.

Yeh I had heard of some problems but only from one user. I know with my beta rigs you pick a tape and stick with it. Thanks for the input.