Best S8 Projector?

Paul Bruening

Guest Trevor Swaim
There is one of these for sale in Sweden, if anyone is interested. It has been in this shop in Stockholm for years, and I guess it will stay in that shop forever. Because they want €4368 for it.

:blink:

I haven't priced one in several years but IIRC they were going for around $1,000 for a really nice 150watt version the 250 watt HTI version was a lot more but still they were no where near $6,500.

Well, it is the HTI version, but as you say, the price is still pretty ridiculous.

"Beaulieu 708 EL Stereo Super-8 Capstan Drive "High Power" with 250 watt HTI-lamp super-8 projector incl. Schneider Xenovaron 11-30/1,1 zoom lens"

The above text is from the shop.

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer the Bauer Studio series, like the BAUER T610 microcomputer stereo.

They are very gentle with the filmtransport, and even if they jamm (because of broken perforation or splices ecc.), they do no or little harm to the film. The ELMO GS is great, and surely more rugged, but when something happens the film is likely to be more damnaged, and it is also noisier than the BAUERs.

Daniel

I prefer the Bauer Studio series, like the BAUER T610 microcomputer stereo.

They are very gentle with the filmtransport, and even if they jamm (because of broken perforation or splices ecc.), they do no or little harm to the film. The ELMO GS is great, and surely more rugged, but when something happens the film is likely to be more damnaged, and it is also noisier than the BAUERs.

Daniel