Aaton XTR Super 16/PL mount

Tim Carroll

• Premium Member

For Sale:

Aaton XTR Super 16/PL mount camera package

AatonPkg.jpg

Package Includes:

1 - Aaton XTR factory Super 16 w/PL Mount (serial number C153X)

2 - Super 16 (magnetic drive) 400ft magazines (serial numbers M473X and M429X)

2 - Aaton 16 volt batteries, both recelled within the last year

1 - Aaton/AbelCineTech 3-cell battery charger, with brand new power supply

1 - Aaton wooden handgrip

1 - Aaton lightweight rods in two lengths

I bought this camera less than a year ago. Had AbelCineTech put a new power supply in the charger, had one battery recelled and gave it a clean and lube. The camera is quiet and runs like a top. Also, the camera has the factory light meter in it. Never used one of those before this camera, and was blown away by how well it works (it's got the lighted LED's across the top that go to the center when the exposure is right, makes shooting documentary in changing light conditions a breeze).

Unfortunately the only thing I'm shooting these days is timelapse with an Arriflex 35IIC, so this package needs to find a new home.

I paid $5500 for the package last year and invested almost another $1000 into it.

Priced to sell.

$2500

Best,

-Tim

wow, wish this was a few months ago before i got my SR2, good luck whoever gets this bargain camera.

Tim, im very envious of the amazing condition your gear is all in, especially your cooke kinetal primes you are selling, are you just lucky in sourcing gear or do you do a lot of work restoring it??

• Premium Member
wow, wish this was a few months ago before i got my SR2, good luck whoever gets this bargain camera.

Tim, im very envious of the amazing condition your gear is all in, especially your cooke kinetal primes you are selling, are you just lucky in sourcing gear or do you do a lot of work restoring it??

Stephen,

Thanks for the kind words. It is a combination of both. I am extremely picky and patient when putting together camera packages and lens sets, and have been trained in the service and repair of most 16mm cameras and lenses.

For example, that Cooke Kinetal set took nearly four years to assemble. And I have been trained in servicing those lenses by the extremely generous folks at ZGC. So when I found a lens I thought looked good, no fungus, mold, scratches, etc. I bought it and then carefully disassembled, cleaned and rebuilt it, setting it back to factory specs. They are great lenses and create beautiful images.

ClipOld1.jpg

Best,

-Tim

Project came up. Camera is off the market. Sorry.

Best,

-Tim

Yo Tim, I'd love to buy this if post project its back on the market. Message me!

thx!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

This economy is playing hell on productions. The project that was looking great last week is now in the tank. I have a good working relationship with Fletcher here in town, so if the project ever re-materializes, I'll rent a package.

So this whole package is for sale. The one change with the package is that I am now selling it with the Cooke Kinetal Lens set (which I held back from the Arriflex 16S package (which sold last weekend) for use on the "now dead" project).

AatonPkg.jpg

9mm.jpg

12mm.jpg

17mm.jpg

25mm.jpg

37mm.jpg

With a "Cooke to PL mount adapter" from Les Bosher, all these lenses fit beautifully on the Aaton. The adapter is not included in the package.

The price for the whole lot above is $4000.

Best,

-Tim

Guest alexander c julius wilson
SOLD

are you serious?! this is the first time i got on this forum and i want this camera. it cost 2 times that just to rent that camera for a full length film.

are you serious?! this is the first time i got on this forum and i want this camera. it cost 2 times that just to rent that camera for a full length film.

He was very serious.

Good doing buisness with you Tim. Can't wait to tak her for a test run.

• Premium Member
Aww I guess he got to you before my PM... :(

When I first listed the camera a few weeks ago, I was swamped with PM's from people wanting to buy it. To be fair I had to do the sale first come, first served. The first two PM's were from European buyers and Matt was the third person to contact me, just a few hours after the camera was first listed. Both of the European buyers declined the sale once we calculated what shipping, customs and VAT was going to add to the price. Which put Matt at the head of the lengthening list.

I then had the offer of a project that I could use the camera with, so I took it off the market. When that project went into the tank, I offered the camera to those who were on the list, Matt being the first. He snapped it up. I re-posted it here just so everyone would realize that the camera package had been sold, and I can stop getting PM's from people wanting to buy it (I've been getting PM's daily from folks).

So the camera and the set of Cooke Kinetal lenses are gone. I hope they give Matt years of great service. Thanks to everyone who was interested.

Best,

-Tim

When I first listed the camera a few weeks ago, I was swamped with PM's from people wanting to buy it. To be fair I had to do the sale first come, first served. The first two PM's were from European buyers and Matt was the third person to contact me, just a few hours after the camera was first listed. Both of the European buyers declined the sale once we calculated what shipping, customs and VAT was going to add to the price. Which put Matt at the head of the lengthening list.

I then had the offer of a project that I could use the camera with, so I took it off the market. When that project went into the tank, I offered the camera to those who were on the list, Matt being the first. He snapped it up. I re-posted it here just so everyone would realize that the camera package had been sold, and I can stop getting PM's from people wanting to buy it (I've been getting PM's daily from folks).

So the camera and the set of Cooke Kinetal lenses are gone. I hope they give Matt years of great service. Thanks to everyone who was interested.

Best,

-Tim

Being one of the people who had PMed Tim, I will say he is a very fair and generous and professional TRUSTWORTHY person on this forum. I cant imagine the messages you received.

And I congratulate Matt for getting the deal.

Now Matt, if down the road, you decide to sell....Im callin it now - number one on the list!!

:P