NY G&E rental house

I am going to shoot a feature in NY and having never been there.. wanted to see what G&E rental house people like to use.. I found a list of 42 places on newyork411.com and I dont really want to leave it to chance to pick a good rental house.. or make 42 phone calls.. Hahaa..

Cheers!

Edited by Jesse Cairnie

Electric Effects in Brooklyn is the largest. Xeno is the place to go if you need a light balloon. Handheld is my personal favorite if you need basic stuff cause they're one of the few that have camera and g&e. If you're on long island TCI is great too.

Edited by Rob Vogt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I am going to shoot a feature in NY and having never been there.. wanted to see what G&E rental house people like to use.. I found a list of 42 places on newyork411.com and I dont really want to leave it to chance to pick a good rental house.. or make 42 phone calls.. Hahaa..

Cheers!

Eastern Effects is great for G & E. Also Handheld can provide a lot of G & E and are aggressively marketed their non camera gear. This can result in lower prices. Also Elefant films is an up and comer worth exploring. There are larger houses like Ceco but you'll pay a premium. These are largely union shops.

gd luck