IAFT Offers RED CAM Intensive Workshop w/ Post Production Leader Michael Cioni

Guest Kristin Thomson

Guest Kristin Thomson

International Academy of Film and Television Offers Red Camera Intensive Workshop

with Post Production Industry Leader Michael Cioni

IAFT’s Los Angeles Workshop Teaches New Developments and Techniques

Including Latest in Scarlett and Epic

Los Angeles, December 1, 2009 – The International Academy of Film and Television (IAFT) is honored to continue its Los Angeles Master Workshop series with its first Red Camera Intensive, “Red Workshop: Production & Post Production,” conducted by preeminent Digital Media Supervisor Michael Cioni and held on January 16-17, 2010. An exceptional opportunity to learn proficiency in Red Camera techniques from one of the top stars in the post production community, IAFT’s new workshop will teach the latest developments in the camera including updated versions of Scarlet and Epic. A wholly-owned subsidiary of film production company Bigfoot Entertainment, IAFT is based in Cebu, Philippines and attracts talented students from all over the world who strive to develop skills necessary to gain a competitive edge in today’s international film community.

The Red Cam Intensive will begin with an introductory session taking place on Saturday, January 9th from 1:00-4:00PM, followed by the two-day workshop the following weekend from 10:00AM-3:00PM on Saturday and Sunday. Entitled “Seeing Red: How One Camera Is Changing Filmmaking,” the introductory class will cover how the Red Camera is changing the media ecosystem, what makes it notable, as well as what is next in the camera’s technology development. The two-day workshop will focus on the specific techniques and business aspects involved with using the Red Cam, including:

• The Red Image

• Histogram vs. Capture

• CCD Capturing Comparisons

• Red Cam Overviews

• Hands-on Demos

• Post Production

• Scenarios

• Importing

• Tape vs. File, and much more…

“IAFT is committed to training students with the latest tools, techniques and mentors that will help them gain success in their careers,” said Keith Sensing, Executive Director, International Academy of Film and Television. “Students who take this Red Camera Intensive workshop have a fantastic opportunity to learn the future of filmmaking from Michael Cioni, one of the brilliant people creating the next generation of filmmaking.”

Michael Cioni’s direction and dedication to pioneering creativity and technology have made him a rising post production industry leader. With more than a decade of progressive post production filmmaking experience, he has spent the last six years at PlasterCITY Digital Post (“PCDP”), which he co-founded in 2003 and built into one of Hollywood’s preeminent desktop-based post production facilities. While at PCDP, he assembled what quickly became an industry-respected team of artists and technologists, as well as led the organization’s business development efforts. During his tenure at PCDP, Michael served as a Digital Intermediate Supervisor on over 100 feature films and provided post production advisory support for hundreds of producers, directors and production companies. He currently sits on the Board of Directors of both the Hollywood Post Alliance and Filmmakers Alliance, and has served as an adjunct faculty member for USC's Annenberg School of Journalism.

Space in the workshop is limited and IAFT advises interested participants to enroll early. For additional details on enrollment fees, requirements and location, please visit www.filmschool.ph/LAworkshops or call 310-593-4800 or 866-900-4179.

In addition to Los Angeles workshops, IAFT offers short-term programs covering a wide range of film and media competencies throughout the year at the school’s main campus in Cebu. Its diverse curriculum ranges from screenwriting, acting and directing courses to specialized classes in Final Cut Pro, photography and CGI. For complete information and schedules, please visit www.filmschool.ph

About The International Academy of Film and Television (IAFT)

Founded in 2003, the International Academy of Film and Television (IAFT) is a film school providing a new generation of aspiring filmmakers with a globally competitive education under the mentorship of leading industry professionals. The school offers each student hands-on experience using comprehensive equipment and facilities at a fraction of the cost of comparable institutions. IAFT offers short-term and long-term programs in Filmmaking, Sound Design and Acting that combine theory and application, and are designed for both new filmmakers as well as industry professionals looking to advance their skill set. The school also offers internships and opportunities to work on commercially-viable projects. Located in the heart of Asia on Mactan Island, Cebu, Philippines, IAFT’s tropical campus has facilities for filming and post production as well as housing. IAFT’s mission is to nurture the creativity and individual talents of every student while cultivating today’s global filmmakers, and to build upon the entertainment traditions of Hollywood and other film capitals of the world.

The International Academy of Film and Television is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bigfoot Entertainment. For more information, please visit www.filmschool.ph and www.bigfoot.com

About Bigfoot Entertainment

Founded in 2004, Bigfoot Entertainment is an international entertainment company producing independent films for the global marketplace. The company finances and develops feature films, documentaries and reality TV shows, many of which have received industry accolades, festival awards and have been distributed throughout the world. Featuring both well-established and up-and-coming American and international talent, Bigfoot releases have shot on location worldwide including the United States, Hong Kong, China, Africa, Europe and Vietnam. Bigfoot Entertainment produces many of its projects at Bigfoot Studios, a wholly-owned subsidiary that encompasses six sound stages and on-site state-of-the-art post production facilities.

Headquartered in Los Angeles with studios in Cebu, Philippines, Bigfoot Entertainment creates content reflecting a Hollywood foundation with a global perspective. For more information, visit www.bigfoot.com.

###

Media Contact:

Kristin Thomson

Public Relations

IAFT / Bigfoot Entertainment

PH: 310-593-4947

kristin@bigfootcorp.com

• Premium Member
I'll send an invite to Keith W. he'd get a real kick of this.

I'd be far more interested in learning how they can run courses that include the Scarlett(sic) and Epic, cameras that have not even been released yet.

Still, that won't stop the Fanboys I guess :rolleyes:

They don't mention how much it costs, not a good sign.

Wonder if this has been approved/authorized by RED....

I should run my own courses. At least the food would be good, and you'd probably learn just as much.

Meanwhile Jim's skulking around in "Asia". Wonder what diabolical scheme he's up to now :P

Guest Glen Alexander
I'd be far more interested in learning how they can run courses that include the Scarlett(sic) and Epic, cameras that have not even been released yet.

Still, that won't stop the Fanboys I guess :rolleyes:

They don't mention how much it costs, not a good sign.

Wonder if this has been approved/authorized by RED....

I should run my own courses. At least the food would be good, and you'd probably learn just as much.

Meanwhile Jim's skulking around in "Asia". Wonder what diabolical scheme he's up to now :P

I need a good laugh now and again, if I was in LA at the time, I'd probably go. Modern films just don't have the fantasy element like the marketing of red. :lol:

Maybe he's in Japan begging Dalsa to sell him a better CCD? or sucking up to Sony?

http://www.dalsa.com/corp/news/news.aspx

Guest Glen Alexander
Obviously you haven't seen "2012" :D

:lol:

Did you take my granddad's advice and take a shot of whiskey and a lemon drop to get rid of the flu?

Not that I agree or like the critics but Variety absolutely slammed 2012. There was so much SFX and green screen shots even Lucas went 'Enough'. :ph34r:

Edited by Glen Alexander

Guest Glen Alexander
That would require some rather loud begging, as they're located in Eastern Canada. ;-)

-- J.S.

Yes but they're doing a dog and pony show in Japan at the moment. I suspect JJ is lurking around there somewhere with some marketing department dummies.

DALSA’s new Piranha HS 12K TDI Camera First Standard Product to Deliver Speeds of 1.2 gigapixels/second

Posted 12/2/2009

YOKOHAMA, Japan - ’09 ITE – December 2, 2009 - DALSA Corporation (TSX: DSA), a global leader in machine vision technology, today introduced the Piranha™ HS 12k 90 kHz camera. This new high-speed model features 12k resolution with a 5.2 um pixel size, and breakthrough speeds of 90 kHz line rate or 1.2 gigapixels/second. This new camera is being showcased at ’09 ITE, the International Technical Exhibition on Image Technology and Equipment, December 2-4, 2009 at Pacifico Yokohama in Yokohama, Japan in booth # 167

• Premium Member
:lol:

Did you take my granddad's advice and take a shot of whiskey and a lemon drop to get rid of the flu?

Not that I agree or like the critics but Variety absolutely slammed 2012. There was so much SFX and green screen shots even Lucas went 'Enough'. :ph34r:

A gulp of straight brandy or vodkka was the only thing that would quieten down the nagging cough in the middle of the night but it didn't cure anything. (I don't like spirits in any form so it was a toss up which was worse; the cough or searing my throat in the middle of the night with booze).

As for 2012, I was referring to the following "brilliant" plot device:

They barely managed to escape the now almost totally torched US in a Russian Cargo Plane, and they hope to fly to where the Arks are being built in Tibet, with a refueling stop in Hawaii.

But: OH NO! Hawaii is now just a boiling mass of lava!

How EVER will we escape from this predicament?

Nope, looks like there's nothing for it but to put on life vests and ditch into the Pacific-

But wait! No!! It's OK!

By an amazing stroke of luck, Tibet has just moved 7,000 miles to the East, so we won't need to re-fuel after all! And even more fortunately, it managed to do this without so much as a single lava-gouting crack in the Earth's crust under the Himalayas, so all the snow is still there for us to safely crash-land on in a Bentley from the Russian Billionaire's car collection in the cargo hold. (Yes a Bentley, don't ask.)

Guest Glen Alexander
Tibet has just moved 7,000 miles to the East, so we won't need to re-fuel after all! And even more fortunately, it managed to do this without so much as a single lava-gouting crack in the Earth's crust under the Himalayas, so all the snow is still there for us to safely crash-land on in a Bentley from the Russian Billionaire's car collection in the cargo hold. (Yes a Bentley, don't ask.)

ha ha ha, brings shivers to wonder what JJ's marketing team will unleash next.