How to get a job at Panavision, Vancouver

Hi there

I have come to Vancouver to really pursue my career. As IATSE doesn't take any applicants for the trainee program at the moment, I want to get into rental, to learn more about the gear and get some contacts!

But what would be the best approach for this, Clairmont told that they don't have any openings at the moment, but then I thought of Panavision..... Anyone here that works there or knows someone there?

What should I do?

Allan

Walk in and apply. If no, go back weekly. Get a job asap doing anything. Keep going back. Meet ac's that are prepping there and see if they will train you to be a loader. Then go back and ask Panavision if they need help. At the same time, go back to Clairmont weekly.

• Premium Member
Walk in and apply. If no, go back weekly. Get a job asap doing anything. Keep going back. Meet ac's that are prepping there and see if they will train you to be a loader. Then go back and ask Panavision if they need help. At the same time, go back to Clairmont weekly.

Very good advice. The most important part is "Get a job asap doing anything." You won't make a living doing what you want right away but you still have to make a living.