Great Arriflex 16BL Package

JacobZuberi

Hey everyone,

If anyone is interested, or knows anyone who is interested, I am selling an Arriflex 16BL package for a fifth of what I paid for it. I've used it for a few projects, even a feature, and it works beautifully.

What you get:

Arriflex 16BL body

Carl Zeiss 8mm Prime

Carl Zeiss 10-100mm Zoom

Mattebox

Two 400' magazines

Changing Bag

Tobin Crystal Sync Motor

B&W Video Tap

Glidecam 5 inch Monitor w/ Monitor Arm

Two Batteries

17 3x3 Glass Filters

Heavy Duty Travel Trunk

It's in great working order, and I'd hate to see it just sitting around my house not getting used. Let me know if anyone is interested!

Thanks!

Jacob Zuberi

• Premium Member
Hey everyone,

If anyone is interested, or knows anyone who is interested, I am selling an Arriflex 16BL package for a fifth of what I paid for it. I've used it for a few projects, even a feature, and it works beautifully.

What you get:

Arriflex 16BL body

Carl Zeiss 8mm Prime

Carl Zeiss 10-100mm Zoom

Mattebox

Two 400' magazines

Changing Bag

Tobin Crystal Sync Motor

B&W Video Tap

Glidecam 5 inch Monitor w/ Monitor Arm

Two Batteries

17 3x3 Glass Filters

Heavy Duty Travel Trunk

It's in great working order, and I'd hate to see it just sitting around my house not getting used. Let me know if anyone is interested!

Thanks!

Jacob Zuberi

How about posting some pictures and a price. Or is this too just another SPAMBOT?!

Best,

-Tim

PS: Don't take offense, it's just that we're seeing a real increase in SPAMBOT's this month, and all them have just registered in the last 24 hours and the listings look very similar to yours.

Sorry guys! I wasn't sure people would even be interested. So here are the pictures...

IMG_9635.jpg

IMG_9616.jpg

IMG_9636.jpg

IMG_9637.jpg

IMG_9638.jpg

IMG_9639.jpg

IMG_9640.jpg

IMG_9642.jpg

IMG_9643.jpg

IMG_9646.jpg

The filters are:

85 N3

85 N6

85 N9

85 B

ND .9

FL-B

Black Promist 1/4

D. Fog 1/4

80 A

Black Promist 1/8

ND .6

ND 3

Pola

Coral 1

UV 16

Glass

I'm Looking for 5K, but really anything over 3K would be fantastic.

Thanks again!

Jacob

• Premium Member
You're selling it for a fifth of what you paid for it? It looks nice but you paid $25K for it?

Or if you sell it for $3K, you paid $15K?

I don't see the "Tobin Crystal Sync Motor" you listed, and is there no blimp for the 8mm lens?

-Tim

There is a blimp for the 8mm, I just didn't picture it (though I can throw one up if you want). The motor is just behind the pistol grip, the part with the four screw holes. A crystal controller plugs into that. I can throw more pictures up of whatever you need to see. Just let me know!

And I'm in Colorado (Denver area) but I'll ship it anywhere for free if need be.

Edited by JacobZuberi

• Premium Member
There is a blimp for the 8mm, I just didn't picture it (though I can throw one up if you want). The motor is just behind the pistol grip, the part with the four screw holes. A crystal controller plugs into that. I can throw more pictures up of whatever you need to see. Just let me know!

And I'm in Colorado (Denver area) but I'll ship it anywhere for free if need be.

I'd like to see a picture of the prime lens blimp.

I'm aware of where the motor is on an Arriflex 16BL, I'm pointing out that it is not a Tobin crystal motor or crystal motor control on the camera in your pictures. Are you saying you have a separate controller made by Clive Tobin, like maybe a milliframe controller?

There is another listing for this camera package, with the same description, and it says you are located in Ohio?

http://www.studentfilmmakers.com/bb/showthread.php?t=5908

Ohio.jpg

Best,

-Tim

Here's the blimp...

IMG_9647.jpg

And I guess it is just a frame controller... I guess I was confused (and sorry if I sounded like a know-it-all prick about the motor, I was told when I bought it that was a crystal motor, so I believed them) So here's the controller...

IMG_9648.jpg

IMG_9649.jpg

That is my posting -- I just haven't updated it since I moved out here. Never crossed my mind to, I guess.

• Premium Member

Okay, that makes sense. What you have there is an Arriflex 16BLEQ, it's the one that came from the factory with the crystal sync motor. And the Tobin unit you have is a speed control that only controls the camera speed for when you want to film video monitors.

When was the camera last serviced and by whom? And do you have any pictures of the matte box?

Best,

-Tim

Okay, right on. I'm not sure who serviced it last... The previous owner had it serviced just before I got it. Somewhere in LA I believe, but I'm not positive. Its only been used a few times so I never saw the need. The mattebox is your good old fashioned accordion-style mattebox.