2nd AC from Australia

Gday all,

My name is Aaron Farrugia, a 2nd AC from Melbourne, Australia... i have been working in the Australian Film industry for about 4 years on various TV series, Feature Films, Documentaries, Music Clips and TVC's. Im about to go on holidays during the quiet christmas period here in OZ and have decided to come to California... and travel through to New York...to visit family and friends.

So I thought id take advantage of this site to reach out to other film industry professionals from the california and New york area... for places to go, things to see/ people to meet... film related... for example, ive prepped countless times, gear in panavision melbourne... but would love to check out panavision in LA or other reputable Camera rental Houses... id love to visit the ASC club house, as the ACS in melbourne doesnt even have a club house or a base for cinematographers to meet.... so basically id love to take a peek into the american film industry while im holidays to learn and see how it differs from the world im used to here in Australia.

So this is sort of my starting point and any suggestions would be great both film and non film related... even for a catch up over a friendly coffee/beer/ soup (dunno how could your winter gets) if anyone is quiet like i am over this period. I will be in California on Wednesday the 16th of this month through till about the 30th before i may my way to new york...

Thanks guys, look forward to hearing your thoughts

PM me if your interested in catching up for a drink and ill send over my details.

cheers

Aaron

PS if you see a touristy looking australian with a hasselblad shooting, its most likely me so say hi!

post-44315-1260685571.jpg