Gadgets I have made

Janne Pulkkila

Intervalometers and many others for sale. I'm trying to balance between the thin line of advertising and just being informative. You can take a look at them on the link by yourself:

www.kinokone.fi

I have some new things coming up but also looking for new ideas for new gadgets. All of those devices were made for some need that came up. An example is the film camera to video camera interface (or how should I call it). I've had this problem several times: How to record sync sound effects while filming on film (a skateboarding film as a practical example). I thought once that I could shoot on 16 mm film and record sound with a camcorder at the same time. However, trying to operate both cameras didn't work at all. As a solution I built this interface box between the film camera and the video camera. It works with super-8 cameras too.

sblarri.jpg

The idea is very simple. When you start the film camera, a recording command is sent to the video camera. The video camera stops automatically when the shooting is finished. In other words, the film camera and the video camera always shoot at the same time.

What Film cameras is this compatible with?

Any cameras that can output an electrical indication that the camera is running. The signal can be constant voltage, frame pulses, an input pin connected to ground briefly, or 50/60 Hz pilot tone.

What Video Cameras is this compatible with?

What video cameras it should be compatible with? It has a LANC output and also a single start and stop pulse that can be fed to the release cable socket on, for example, Panasonic cameras.

Looks like some useful products. Do you shoot too? I love the creativity and intelligence of film makers! Looking at your site though I realize I have a while to go....I need a few more products under my belt. If every cinematographer/gaffer/key grip made one thing that makes life easier, the science of film making would evolve much faster (and better than it does when corporations without field experience advance the line)

Keep it up!