A great new year 2010

• Premium Member
Hello cinematographers,

i wish you all a great new 2010. Just post your wish for the new year it will come true. I promise.

Sending all my love

Oliver

I wish that within the next 60 seconds, $US1,000,000 dollars would appear in my bank account.

• Premium Member
I wish that within the next 60 seconds, $US1,000,000 dollars would appear in my bank account.

Nope. Just checked, same balance as this afternoon.

Well maybe it hasn't had time to work through the system yet.

It's almost Saturday here; I'll check again in the morning B)

Hi, guys and gals. Happy new year! I'm kicking it off with a promise to finally pursue my passion for cinematography and I wound up here! So, here's to an awesome 2010 and, fingers crossed, this time next year, I'll be able to join in the discussion competantly with all the good folk here! :)

Nope. Just checked, same balance as this afternoon.

Well maybe it hasn't had time to work through the system yet.

It's almost Saturday here; I'll check again in the morning B)

• Premium Member
Hi, guys and gals. Happy new year! I'm kicking it off with a promise to finally pursue my passion for cinematography and I wound up here! So, here's to an awesome 2010 and, fingers crossed, this time next year, I'll be able to join in the discussion competantly with all the good folk here! :)

Nope, balance is still in the low $1,000s. Well, it was worth a shot. Maybe I have to wait for a business day :D

By the way Samantha, this forum requires you use to use full names. Go to "My Controls" at the top of the screen to fix that.

Happy New Year, Oliver!

My wish is that I will still be loading film ten years from now :-D

Karl, strictly out of curiosity....what type of shows or shows have you loaded on? 16mm 35mm?

R,

Karl, strictly out of curiosity....what type of shows or shows have you loaded on? 16mm 35mm?

R,

I've only done 16mm, actually, not for lack of trying to get on 35 shoots, though!

I was trained to do 35mm, and, frankly, it is easier than 16 with the film width being wider. If you need a loader, I'd be happy to work in Canada though :P

• Premium Member
Not this time of the year you wouldn't ;)

R,

Attached (I hope) is some video I shot yesterday with my still camera to remind you what sunlight and liquid water look like. :rolleyes:

(Sorry about the quality, but that's all the attachment size allows).

Err...

When I started this post the upload thing said "Maximum Upload Size 100K"

So I reduced my video file to under 100K and uploaded it but when I clicked "Preview Post" there was nothing to indicate that an attachment had occurred.

Now when I go back to the edit screen it says "Maximum Upload Size 2MB" :blink:

So I tried uploading the original 600K file and it now says "Upload failed. The file was larger than the available space"

But it also says: "Attachment space used 138.67K of 100K" :blink: :blink:

Movie_2.wmv

Not this time of the year you wouldn't ;)

R,

It took 2-1/4 hours to drive to work this morning, a trip I can normally make in 20 min.

It's no picnic in the Northeastern part of the U.S. right now either. What was it, 21°F (-6°C) BEFORE wind-chill.

Hell, the state of Vermont got almost THREE FEET (850mm) of snow. You could set up a "Canadian Icebox" probably as far south as Virginia right about now :-D

Edited by Karl Borowski

Attached (I hope) is some video I shot yesterday with my still camera to remind you what sunlight and liquid water look like.

Yeah yeah, I hope you get bit on the foot by a Sydney funnel web spider :lol:

I hear that even the koalas and kangaroos are venomous in Oz.

R,

• Premium Member
Yeah yeah, I hope you get bit on the foot by a Sydney funnel web spider :lol:

I hear that even the koalas and kangaroos are venomous in Oz.

R,

I'm not in Sydney.

Besides, I've never even seen a funnelweb in my entire life, except in a zoo exhibit.

And good luck getting close enough to a Kangaroo or Koala to find out :lol:

Only the male Platypus is venomous, and you have to REALLY annoy one of them to get stung.

And even more good luck catching even a glimpse of one those outside a zoo...

You're more likely to die from Skin Cancer as a result of being unable to drag yourslf away from the beaches, where bronzed, voluptuous and nubile young women outnumber the men 5:1, and swimwear is more nominal than actual. I'd show you video, but I fear it would violate the TOS of Cinematography.com...