"Fahrenhype 9/11"

GregIrwin

Anyone who felt politically aware by watching Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" and was critical to our president's methods and behavior should by all means watch the rebuttal documentary, "FAHRENHYPE 9/11". I believe that it is most important to read and watch both sides of an issue before I can judge what my opinion will be. Having said this, I was personally amazed at how easy it was to discredit Moore's attempt at non-fiction just to see how much true fiction his "documentary" was. It didn't take much effort to illustrate how he manipulated the filmmaking medium to gain unfounded resentment towards the US government. "Fahrenhype 9/11" proved how he edited newspaper articles to change their messages and cleverly edited video clips as to not show their original content. It also shows numerous people he featured in interviews who came forward to state that they had no idea or intention to be a part of his plan to attack the government and how their interviews were re-cut to relay an entirely different message.

It should be noted that I am posting this as a filmmaker - not as a politician. I am still astounded by Michael Moore's inane but clever attempt to persuade us to believe his point of view. He does, of course, have the right to state his views but he does not have the right to pass illegitimate information as the truth.

Edited by GregIrwin

It should be noted that I am posting this as a filmmaker - not as a politician.  I am still astounded by Michael Moore's inane but clever attempt to persuade us to believe his point of view.  He does, of course, have the right to state his views but he does not have the right to pass illegitimate information as the truth.

you mean like fox news?

• Premium Member

Hi,

The thing with all this is to remember that it's quite reasonable to hold conservative political opinions without having to agree with everything Bush says. Party politics is a terribly bad idea and people forget this all the time.

Phil

Actually I did watch both, and found it facinating how Farenhype ignored the larger facts and argued to death the minor details. So, this is what I learned by watching Farenhype: Who cared about weither there is a fire happening down the street, it is more critical to know weither or not the firetruck driving there has 20 or 24 inch tires.

As for Michael Moore, he is little more than shock journalism. I said that back when he won the oscar for Bowling for Columbine, I say it today. But, he causes discussions about any subject he addressess, and that is a good thing. A healthy public discourse is necessary for the common good. Agree with Mr. Moore or not, his documentaries have been far better for raising the awareness of issues in this country than most that I've seen on the big screen as of late.

Yes, we need more balanced and honest journalism in this country. But bashing Moore for not delivering that is foolish and moronic. So I agree with the rights of the Farenhype fellas, and even that poor dissillusioned kid that made "Michael Moore Hates America", to say whatever they want, and for Michael Moores rights as well. It is an opinion, in the end, and Mr. Moore does his best to back up his opinion, as do these other filmmakers. I happened to find the counter-Moore attacks to be poorly orchestrated, badly overdone, and ignoring the very core issue of Michael Moores documentary. If you are to assault an article, you'd best attack the core issue of the article first. Otherwise you present nothing but a sad, petty, waste of $3 rental from blockbuster.