Panasonic HDC27F

Micah Ellars

Hi all,

I posted some questions about this camera in the video only forum by accident.

Sorry for the repetition.

If anyones has shot or has any detailed information about the Panasonic HD27F I would be most interested in hearing about it. I am considering shooting this camera in place of s16mm, because it supposedly can handle 60P very niceley (according to panasonic). Does anyone know if this camera handles 60P without much image slurring (a common problem with digital cameras in slow motion). It anyone knows if this camera is fast enough to actually record sharp stable images in slow motion it would be most helpful.

Also any footage other than that available at the panasonic website would be nice to see as well.

Thanks

I would start by reading all the posts here relevent to the Varicam.

Then go to the Varicam Cow and you'll have more than enough to read. I can't provide the specific comparison you're looking for but I believe I've read about it.

From what I hear and read the Varicam overcrank is the next best thing to film. Shooting with it next week and looking very forward to it.

Edited by redbaron

I would start by reading all the posts here relevent to the Varicam.

Then go to the Varicam Cow and you'll have more than enough to read.  I can't provide the specific comparison you're looking for but I believe I've read about it.

From what I hear and read the Varicam overcrank is the next best thing to film.  Shooting with it next week and looking very forward to it.

Thanks redbaron. If you don't mind I would love to hear how the shoot goes next week for you? Let me know what you think about the camera. Also if you get a chance to put some bedia online I would love to see this camera in 60p performance.