Forced Perspective? Lenses to use on the 7D?

I've been experimenting with Forced Perspective recently, and was curious if anyone had an opinion on what lens would achieve my desired effect on the 7D.

I'm shooting a miniature antique ambulance in the foreground of a real hospital.

I tested this with my Canon XH-A1 and the effect worked beautifully with infinite focus. I'm having some trouble achieving this with my 18mm lens for the 7D that I just purchased.

What lenses have macro capabilities, while maintaining focus of the background?

I've been experimenting with Forced Perspective recently, and was curious if anyone had an opinion on what lens would achieve my desired effect on the 7D.

I'm shooting a miniature antique ambulance in the foreground of a real hospital.

I tested this with my Canon XH-A1 and the effect worked beautifully with infinite focus. I'm having some trouble achieving this with my 18mm lens for the 7D that I just purchased.

What lenses have macro capabilities, while maintaining focus of the background?

The smaller sensor sized camera (more depth of field) like the XH-A1 will be a better camera to achieve this with than a 35 mm APS-C sensor sized camera. Small apertures (also more depth of field) will be better suited for this on any lens, beyond that a split diopter may do the trick much better than a macro lens.