Arri 16SRII

Just finished a project on the SRII, and was looking to hh the matte box but was stuck with bum support rods. I've tried other bodies and they all seem to wiggle a little too much for comfort.

Does anyone have any tricks to keep the rods in place while still being released as if from a finger tight hold?

Just finished a project on the SRII, and was looking to hh the matte box but was stuck with bum support rods. I've tried other bodies and they all seem to wiggle a little too much for comfort.

Does anyone have any tricks to keep the rods in place while still being released as if from a finger tight hold?

Hmmm... your question seems slightly vague... If you are referring to the Arri lightweight rods, there is an adjustment to switch the rods between reg16 and super16. When in super16, I've found that the two small locating nubs on the SRII don't quite fit into the pin notches on the rod system allowing them to seem loose or wiggle... Since I usually either use an adjustable Petroff 4x4 MB or a LW ARRI 3x3 clip-on when going HH, I find that keeping the rods in reg16 mode allow them to fit snugly to the camera body.