Angenieux 12-120 with c-mount

Hello to the experts, I have a purchased Angenieux 12-120 lens for my Bolex RX5 with c-mount. If I rob the optics severally she is not comfortable. My question is can the c-mount thread something to turn so that the optics is to better serve? The c-mount, I can be a little Gradually tighten.

Sorry for my English!

Thank you for answers.

• Premium Member

Depending how the C mount is attached to the lens, it may be possible to re-orient it. But this isn't something to try yourself, as you have to get the back focal distance exactly correct. A local rental house may be able to do it for you, or recommend someone to do it. Take both the camera and lens to them.

-- J.S.

The Angenieux c mount lenses(including the primes), allow for positioning the threads so the focus/zoom/aperture scales can be oriented in any position. I think some Switars do this too. The c mount threads actually turn when pushed in towards the lens. Once they start threading, it may not be possible to turn them, so the lens must be off the camera.

1. Mount the lens on the camera and tighten snug.

2. Note how much rotation the lens will need for optimal positioning.

3. Remove the lens and place it front end down on a table. Leave the rear cap off.

4. Now simply push down and turn the c mount threads with your fingers the amount you estimated in step 2.

5. Remount the lens and see if satisfactory.

It may take 2-3 tries to get it perfect.

Note: Since you're using the lens on a Bolex Rex, it should be designated RX to work properly.

• 1 month later...
The Angenieux c mount lenses(including the primes), allow for positioning the threads so the focus/zoom/aperture scales can be oriented in any position. I think some Switars do this too. The c mount threads actually turn when pushed in towards the lens. Once they start threading, it may not be possible to turn them, so the lens must be off the camera.

3. Remove the lens and place it front end down on a table. Leave the rear cap off.

4. Now simply push down and turn the c mount threads with your fingers the amount you estimated in step 2.

Note: Since you're using the lens on a Bolex Rex, it should be designated RX to work properly.

Hello, I apologize, I was sick. Turning to look, I can press down the "c-mount" thread, but does not rotate. That's my problem.

Regards

Hello, I apologize, I was sick. Turning to look, I can press down the "c-mount" thread, but does not rotate. That's my problem.

Regards

Use a piece of hard rubber like a lab bottle stopper or a hockey puck to push down and turn the C-mount thread.

As far as I know, there is no optical difference between a 12-120 marked H16RX and one that is not.

The markings indicate only that the optics were collimated properly to the Bolex standard when the lens was manufactured.

Any 12-120 can be used on a Bolex if it is collimated properly.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis

• 2 weeks later...

Regards

There is a tool Angenieux made for adjusting their spring loaded "C" mounts on their zooms. It's called a "T" wrench. Any rental house or repair shop has a bunch of them laying around. Should be free or at the most a few bucks.

• 5 weeks later...
There is a tool Angenieux made for adjusting their spring loaded "C" mounts on their zooms. It's called a "T" wrench. Any rental house or repair shop has a bunch of them laying around. Should be free or at the most a few bucks.

Hello everyone, I have now finally made. The hockey puck is outstanding. I have the puck a little bit, turned out to 25mm and about 5mm deep with a lathe. Thanks again for the many tips.

• 7 years later...

Sorry for thread-digging

But i met a problem - my ang 10x12 easily rotated when it is on camera. Becasue this c-mount thread part - is possible to rotate even if you dont push!

How can i solve this problem?

• Premium Member

From memory I think there should be a spring washer under the threaded insert, pushing against it to prevent it rotating easily. If the threads turns easily the spring washer may be deformed or missing.

• Upvote 1