3D Equipment

Marque DeWinter

• Premium Member
BTW, Isn't that monster copyrighted material by someone?....and here it comes, the "violations" talk...

Since he's using the images for a non-commercial satirical use the Fair Use Doctrine should cover him nicely.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Some time back, while exploring various film framing and format questions, some of the members came up with a Techniscope stacked approach. It would take some crazy image bouncing and polarization manipulation. But a normal 4-perf movement with 2 techniscope frames exposed through one lens could deliver 3D at far better image quality than two video cameras strapped together. The limitation would be the convergence issue. IIRC, I think that was solved by running two identical lenses and then doing the minor bouncing to get the images in the stack. Generally, the idea was that any normal 4-perf camera could take the 3D lens package and come through with stunning 35mm photography. But, you know, ideas are easy. Working designs are hard.

Wow, it's like one of those picture posting forums now where everybody photoshops something onto something else and everybody else thinks its so funny!

Everybody???

Or just ONE person with too much time on his hands?

CR.

• Premium Member
Everybody???

Or just ONE person with too much time on his hands?

CR.

Wow. I've become one of Cesar's missions in life: "Destroy the evil, photoshopping, 3D-joking guy."

You know, Cesar. All my jabs at Jim Jannard haven't hurt his business one iota. If your technology is any good and needed by the market, you'll make money. If it doesn't, it won't be because of me.

Wow. I've become one of Cesar's missions in life: "Destroy the evil, photoshopping, 3D-joking guy."

You know, Cesar. All my jabs at Jim Jannard haven't hurt his business one iota. If your technology is any good and needed by the market, you'll make money. If it doesn't, it won't be because of me.

Paul:

You are a "genius" trying to change the subject....

This thread is NOT about my system....is about ALL 3D equipment out there...

NOR is a thread about who makes the most "funny 3D" pictures...

But it seems you only care for one person...YOU.

CR.

Paul:

You are a "genius" trying to change the subject....

This thread is NOT about my system....is about ALL 3D equipment out there...

NOR is a thread about who makes the most "funny 3D" pictures...

But it seems you only care for one person...YOU.

CR.

Paul just doesn't want anyone to find out how small his penis is. Methinks he protests too much

Paul is a deadbeat jerkoff who doesn't pay his bills. Don't pay attention to anything he has to say. He isn't employed in any capacity in your industry, has never done anything significant in his life, and will never do anything significant. He couldn't even get employed as a janitor at the local University, and barely held down a job as a projectionist at the local theater. He's just an Internet Toughguy who likes to lord things over people he doesn't know.

Paul is a deadbeat jerkoff who doesn't pay his bills. Don't pay attention to anything he has to say. He isn't employed in any capacity in your industry, has never done anything significant in his life, and will never do anything significant. He couldn't even get employed as a janitor at the local University, and barely held down a job as a projectionist at the local theater. He's just an Internet Toughguy who likes to lord things over people he doesn't know.

ouch!.... :rolleyes:

You don't have to worry about me anymore Paul.....I won't blame you for us going out of business either.

We cannot continue with our little 3D System Project anymore. It's quite expensive and we "ran out of gas" if you know what I mean....

Feel free to post more "funny" 3D pictures as you wish.....until ALL the 3D Biz goes down perhaps?

Is that your main purpose, see the failing of 3D as a whole?

Would you make any money out of that?

Have a nice weekend.

CR.

How're ya'll.

We are considering shooting a new indie film in 3D and I am trying to find out why 3D Film Factory Rigs only cost about $4500, when Element Technica Rigs cost from 56 - 67 grand. Would anyone know the difference of these rigs and why there is such a huge price difference?

Thanks heaps

-Abraham Williams

Edited by Abraham Williams

How're ya'll.

We are considering shooting a new indie film in 3D and I am trying to find out why 3D Film Factory Rigs only cost about $4500, when Element Technica Rigs cost from 56 - 67 grand. Would anyone know the difference of these rigs and why there is such a huge price difference?

Thanks heaps

-Abraham Williams

Having worked with the P+S Technik rig, it has a lot more control with gauges for zeroing in on your settings. not to mention convergence and IO. You can also use a Preston or similar to mechanize your movements. The 3D Film Factory in looks like its a simple rail machine. The mirrors are also a HUGE factor.

-Alfeo

• Premium Member
Some time back, while exploring various film framing and format questions, some of the members came up with a Techniscope stacked approach. It would take some crazy image bouncing and polarization manipulation. But a normal 4-perf movement with 2 techniscope frames exposed through one lens could deliver 3D at far better image quality than two video cameras strapped together. .

Single lens over/under might be feasible for projection. But for shooting, how do you get a non-zero or usefully large interocular distance? Those pictures of the children bring up another consideration: They have smaller interocular distances than adults, so their perception of 3D movies would be more extreme, and more likely to cause eyestrain.

-- J.S.

I'm trying to find out what equipment manufacturers are out there with 3D rigs. Coming to my mind right now is:

Pace

Element Technica

21st Century 3D

Any other suggestions for camera rigs? I now there are lots of other involved companies (3Play, Cineform, etc) in other areas.

~Marque

I saw a demo of the Swiss Rig last week, looked pretty simple to setup/use. http://www.swissrig.com/.

James Neihouse

Director of Photography

IMAX Hubble 3D