Mixing framerates on one tape

redbaron

How advisable is it to mix the frame rates on tapes? Does anyone have any stories, problems or insights? We'll be shooting a MV over two days at 24p, 48p and 60p. We'll be posting on FCP via firewire and converting the overcranked footage using the software FRC.

As long as we slate on set and change the capture setting to DVCPROHD 720p60 when we capture overcranked shots we should be fine, right. From panasonic's instructions the FRC needs footage shot at 59.94hz and captured at DVCPROHD 720p60; as long as you got that, you're good to go.

I would like to avoid changing tapes all the time. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

How advisable is it to mix the frame rates on tapes?  Does anyone have any stories, problems or insights? We'll be shooting a MV over two days at 24p, 48p and 60p.  We'll be posting on FCP via firewire and converting the overcranked footage using the software FRC.

As long as we slate on set and change the capture setting to DVCPROHD 720p60 when we capture overcranked shots we should be fine, right. From panasonic's instructions the FRC needs footage shot at 59.94hz and captured at DVCPROHD 720p60; as long as you got that, you're good to go.

I would like to avoid changing tapes all the time.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I think the tape speed on a varicam is always "60 frame" at any shooting speed 24p 48p etc but for nle process you have to change the tape anytime you change the frame rate as you do on a hdw900.

• 4 weeks later...