"The Kingdom" (2007) directed by Peter Berg

rajakahn

"The Kingdom" (2007) directed by Peter Berg with jamie foxx and jennifer garner!

The actions are undeniably stunning, i just adored that movie and the shooting style. I have few queries regarding the film as I myself am working on a script where i am contemplating to use that style of shooting as it fits the theme!

I wanted to know few question:

• how was the movie shot. (digital or film)
  • were the ending scenes of close gunfights shot on handheld or steady?
  • did they use multiple camera in those sequences ? (howmany)
  • there weren't many jimmy n trolly, how much it could have saved on production costs?
  • how many days approximately they shot for!
  • Were any CG used in the film? (car accident)
  • what could be the approximate budjget! ( minus cast)

i would be really greatful if someone could help me with this

Thanks!

• Premium Member

Watch the film again. The answers to some of these questions are rather obvious, provided you pay attention to the photography (which is vital for any emerging filmmaker.) Also, instead of just asking for the answers, try doing a bit of research on your own (another important aspect in filmmaking.)

You can start with IMDB. Check the link that says "technical specifications" for the film and take it from there...

Hey Bill,my apologies!

i shudn't have asked senseless questions! but, i didn't know how to remove this post! i will watch the movie again.

but what i basically wanted to ask was what was the budget of the movie if you take out actor's price.

that's it. and how many cam s were used in the last sequence.

and thanks for your reply.

Raja.

• Premium Member
Hey Bill,my apologies!

i shudn't have asked senseless questions! but, i didn't know how to remove this post! i will watch the movie again.

but what i basically wanted to ask was what was the budget of the movie if you take out actor's price.

that's it. and how many cam s were used in the last sequence.

and thanks for your reply.

Raja.

No apology necessary. Just wanted to make you realize that researching this kind of stuff on your own is very often the best way to learn a lot of different things in this field.

You should be able to find the answers to your questions somewhere on the internet. Always check here...

http://www.theasc.com/index.php

thanx Adrian,

i was just thinking if u r on a shoe string budget and probably trying to achieve a shooting ratio of let's say 1:5 or want to keep it under 1:7, lets say, wouldn't it be better to go for online edits, do u know any one doin it ? like for a film? i wanna know is there a possiblity? if a big chunk of film is to be shot like that and u roll all 3 cameras, u r bound to spend a lot more. i am contemplating, if online edit is a possiblity? pls lemee know.

thanx!

raja

• 4 weeks later...