What do you carry ON you and how?

I work on mostl HD projects I have a Lindcraft Jumbo 1st AC pouch. Inside I carry a flashlight, lens brush, sharpie, pen, vis-a-vis, small note pad for writing lists for things I have to remember longer than 4 seconds, rocket blower, 100' tape measure, a book of lens tissue, multitool, and a stubby flathead screwdriver.

I also carry a 25' fat max in it's own carrier.

I have a fairly hefty padded belt for everything with caribeaners hanging from it so I can quickly attached sandbag t-markers, or a small water bottle using one of these: http://climbinggearinc.com/bottle-cat-p-4142.html

I bring my small ditty bag with me on the camera cart that holds other frequently used items as well.

It can get a little bulky when fully loaded but it's nice because the belt is comfy and easy to take off with everything loaded on it.

• Premium Member
I work on mostl HD projects I have a Lindcraft Jumbo 1st AC pouch. Inside I carry a flashlight, lens brush, sharpie, pen, vis-a-vis, small note pad for writing lists for things I have to remember longer than 4 seconds, rocket blower, 100' tape measure, a book of lens tissue, multitool, and a stubby flathead screwdriver.

I also carry a 25' fat max in it's own carrier.

I have a fairly hefty padded belt for everything with caribeaners hanging from it so I can quickly attached sandbag t-markers, or a small water bottle using one of these: http://climbinggearinc.com/bottle-cat-p-4142.html

I bring my small ditty bag with me on the camera cart that holds other frequently used items as well.

It can get a little bulky when fully loaded but it's nice because the belt is comfy and easy to take off with everything loaded on it.

I wear nothing. I don't even have a radio on. If the basics don't fit in my front box, I don't need them. When the front box can't be there for me, I stick a flashlight in my back pocket and my Fat Max hard tape in a small pouch that sits on my pant's belt. That's it. Wearing the AC belt with all of that stuff on me would drive me crazy. Having a radio in my ear full time would probably put me over the edge!! That's why my 2nd AC is always close by with all of that stuff when needed. We try to keep it simple.

Greg

• Premium Member
Well, that's the key! Your 2nd must be loaded up like a mule. :)

Naaaaa. :rolleyes: He wears the normal stuff but we, over the course of almost 20 years of working with each other, have scaled down the amount of gear that we use. We know what we need and what we don't need. He does have the radio though.

G

Edited by Gregory Irwin

• Premium Member

I have a belt with a walkie and a tool pouch on it. The toolpouch has pens, sharpies, chalk, grease pencils, a lens brush, lens tissue, a notebook, a leatherman, and a small bottle of pancro (I pour pancro into a more conveniently sized and shaped bottle).

I usually carry a small lindcraft AC pouch with the following:

Lumacolor non-permanent pen

Sharpie

Ball point

Pilot g-2

Chalk holder

Surefire 6P

lipstick brush

Stubby t-handle screwdriver

3x5'' note pad

Pen style jewelers screwdriver with flat head and phillips tips

Lindcraft canned air pouch which usually has a water bottle in it, and a pouch for my crappy cell phone. And a radio.

In my pockets, I have a leatherman sideclip (best tool, no longer made!) and a Benchmade folding knife.

Sometimes I just take the belt off though.

• Premium Member

I don't expect a first to really carry anything... however... Most first ACs have a front box with 25' hard tape, 50' soft tape, laser rangefinder, stabilos, vis-a-vis, a small bending neck led (to stick on the the matte box with velcro and shine onto the FF's disc) and a few things here and there.

As a 2nd AC it all depends on the job. Typically though on an HD job

In Tool Pouch:

Small notepad

Camera log book

Sharpie (double sided)

dry erase w/kleen slate eraser

Inova X5 (best LED I've found so far...and affordable at about $40)

Lens Pen (for the brush only)

Insert Slate

stubby screw driver

scissors

Pen

(for Red I keep the most used hex wrenches as well)

Multitool

Walkie

For film I'll add a hand blower, Canned Air, and a razor knife

I don't tend to carry a tape measure...because my 1st almost always has one. Its heavy, will wear out your belt faster, and if you don't need to have one, ditch it.

I also have 2 bags for my cart and an "on set" bag that will get batteries and other camera accessories that need to be at the ready.

~Marque