ben goldberg

The Camera Assistant: A Complete Professional Handbook VS. The Camera Assistants Manual

The_Camera_Assistant_s_Manual__Fifth_Edition_11.05.2009_0_00_00.jpg9780240800424.jpg

Which book would you recommend first?

Or which one do you think is better?

The Camera Assistant: A Complete Professional Handbook

Or

The Camera Assistant's Manual

The_Camera_Assistant_s_Manual__Fifth_Edition_11.05.2009_0_00_00.jpg9780240800424.jpg

Which book would you recommend first?

Or which one do you think is better?

The Camera Assistant: A Complete Professional Handbook

Or

The Camera Assistant's Manual

I like Doug Hart's book better. They're both worth reading but get Doug's first.

I like Doug Hart's book better. They're both worth reading but get Doug's first.

Yeah, as do I...but I've found myself using some of the diagrams later down the line, so they're both worthwhile.

I have both as well. As a disclosure I also know both David and Doug... I find Doug's book to contain more information, but David's is an easier read. I would get both. In the grand scheme of things the two books might run you like $75 which is a small investment in your future.

I'd also buy the ASC manual. Its great especially when your stuck with an obscure camera that you don't know. (I had a really old Aaton once... and it saved my butt)

~Marque

I'm 2/3 of the way though Elkins book and it's been really informative for me. I'm currently a runner but looking to get into camera department so I picked this up so I would have an idea of what would be expected of me as a 2nd or loader and the book does a great job of summarising this.

I'm working on film for the first time this week (HD only so far) and it's quite a small crew so hopefully, if I get asked to help out with camera at all I'll have at least some idea of what to do!

Does the fourth edition of the Camera Assistants Manual differ a lot from the latest, sixth edition?

The fourth edition has information about the Eclair ACL and since I own one, I would like to read about it.