If your getting IR pollution with the RED camera will you be able to see the color shift through the EVF or RED LCD?

When using a hot mirror stacked with a ND should the hot mirror be placed in front of the ND with the purplish side facing outwards?

• Premium Member

The effect can be subtle, there may be cases in which you'll see it on a good monitor but not on a little finder. So, walk over to video village if you're worried about it. Or, just get the "hot mirror" versions of ND, and don't worry about it. They can go in any order, but it may be more fun to put the shiny one where everybody will see it. ;-)

-- J.S.

• 2 weeks later...

I was always told to place the hot mirror at the front if you are using more then one filter to reduce reflections between the filters. If you are using a hot mirror ND combo you should have the shiny side facing out. If you need to use two NDs only one should be a HM/ND combo. The second should be a straight ND. Most combo sets I've used have a 1.2, sometimes higher. Otherwise you're probably going to need a set of straight NDs as well.

Alot of DPs I've worked for have found that they lose around a 1/3 of a stop with the hot mirror. Has anyone here found that?

Niall