Deciding on consumer, prosumer, or professional HD cam for project...HELP!

Camelbackentertainment

Hello all!

I have a big project coming my way (well big too me) and need some help picking a camera that will do the best job.

Right now I have a Cannon Vixia HF10 HD consumer camera. I have shot many videos for the web and the camera quality looks great.

My project will be one that will be streamed on the internet, downloaded from the internet, and also in a DVD format. It may even be on satellite HDTV. I will be doing a lot of hand held as well as locking it down. So I am looking for the best quality, but also gives me the freedom to do what I mentioned above.

So...my question is which camera should I get to shoot with?

My Cannon Vixia HF10 shoots at 1080i and I usually set it at 60 fps. That looks the best when played back on the net. However, obviously, this will be played back on many formats. The one thing I do like about the camera is it is small, I can get about 2 hours off the flash card I have, and its easy to use hand held. But does it have the power and quality to get the job done?

The other three cameras I am looking at are Panasonic's HVX-200, HPX-500, and Cannon XL H1 S. I guess I am looking for a camera that will look best on many different formats. Now I understand that it also is the way it is shot, but I do know there is a difference in quality in some of these cameras. I know that the Panasonic's HPX-500 is considered a professional camera, but from what I can tell, it is bulky and may need to be on a tripod the majority of the time. Plus I think I need to get an external hardrive to shoot a lot of content. It doesn't look hand held friendly...but I could be wrong.

Is there any other cameras that might be worth taking a look at? :unsure:

Please help...thanks for reading. ;)

MF