Need help evaluating my EBM Kit

Salvador M. Rodrigues

Hi guys,

I'm looking for someone who can help me evaluate my EBM kit, which I managed to get together in 2007. Unfortunately, cost constraints haven't allowed me to do much work with this beauty. I live in Lisbon, Portugal and stock + processing costs are ridiculous expensive. Basically, only accessible to main-stream professionals.

I would consider keeping this gem as a collectible, however my financial situation isn't the best right now and I must try to detach myself from the sentimental value and part with it. However, after assembling the kit together, getting the camera serviced and converted to S16mm, I have no idea how much this could be worth in today's world, hence I ask for your help.

Here is the lowdown on the kit:

2 Yellow Peli Cases, one for Camera Kit and another for Lenses and adapters.

• Bolex H16 EBM Electric Body. Camera was serviced and converted to S16 at Sean Dean Camera in London in 2007. Tried and tested with example footage.

• Power Grip

• New Battery custom made with charger.

• Powerpack battery for H16 Cameras NiCD, although I never got this to work because I don't have a remote trigger.

• Base Plate to replace the power grip to use on a tripod with the connector for the powerpack battery. (power grip can also be used on the tripod.)

• Sync Pulse generator 50hz at 25fps.

• 400 ft Magazine (not in picture).

• Motor for Magazine.

• Rollers for the Magazine.

• Cables to connect the whole lot.

• Set of Gelatin filters

• Instruction Manual, instruction manual for Switar 16-100, DOF guide for Switar 16-100, Magazine instruction manual, Bolex Catalogue,

Lens

• Kern Vario Switar 100 POE without a zoom lever - Bayonet mount

• Soligor Elitar Wide Angle 10mm f:1.8 - C-mount - Glass is clean, lens is in very good condition.

• Kern Paillard Switar 50mm f:1.4 - C-mount - Glass is clean and Lens in very good condition.

• Nikon to C mount adapter

• Bolex C Adapter for Bayonet Mount

Tripod

• Designed for the H16 with the Bolex quick release plate.

Film Stock

My leftover film stock

• 2 x Fuji Eterna Vivid 160 (100ft)

• 1 x Fuji Eterna 500 (100ft)

• 1 x Fuji F-125 (400ft) - Gift from Fuji since it got discontinued, straight from their fridge.

• 1 x Eterna 250 (400ft)

*note, 100ft rolls have always been in the fridge. 400 ft rolls left the fridge a year ago but have been stored in a very cool,very dry place with absolutely no light.

dsc5813l.th.jpg

I appreciate your time and patience to read this and want to thank anyone in advance for any help. I would feel perhaps, the best way to reply would be through PM ?

Thanks everyone.

Hi guys,

I'm looking for someone who can help me evaluate my EBM kit, which I managed to get together in 2007.

I appreciate your time and patience to read this and want to thank anyone in advance for any help.

Salvador, it's a nice kit, the real value these days seems to be in the Kern prime lenses, that everyone wants for their new micro 4/3 cameras. But that's not to say that 16mm itself doesn't still have a place, especially Super 16. Did you get the rollers adjusted in the 400ft mag for Super 16? Does the Soligor 10mm cover Super 16?

I recently bought an SBM body and had it modified to Super 16, total cost US$2,100 (cam+mod). So I would guess that with all of that other gear you should be able to get somewhere between US$2k-3K

Hope that's of some help.

Sorry you have to sell it :(

best

Stuart

Stuart,

Thank you so much for your valuable input. I'm really sorry to have to part with this too, but as I stated, the whole film process is uber expensive in Portugal for personal projects. Back in my London years though, I could get very nice deals using my student card.

The 400ft mag is indeed converted as well (btw, the conversion was done under my possesion) and the Soligor does not cover S16, giving a slight vignette on the edges but easily corrected in telecine.

I don't recall how much the conversion cost was, but since it was a service + conversion I think it rang in between £500 and £750 so in context with the numbers you provided from your conversion.

Stuart, may I ask what is your experience in the HDDLSR field ? I've become somewhat infatuated with the D7 and D5, but not sure if their at their ripe yet.

Best regards,

Salvador

Salvador, it's a nice kit, the real value these days seems to be in the Kern prime lenses, that everyone wants for their new micro 4/3 cameras. But that's not to say that 16mm itself doesn't still have a place, especially Super 16. Did you get the rollers adjusted in the 400ft mag for Super 16? Does the Soligor 10mm cover Super 16?

I recently bought an SBM body and had it modified to Super 16, total cost US$2,100 (cam+mod). So I would guess that with all of that other gear you should be able to get somewhere between US$2k-3K

Hope that's of some help.

Sorry you have to sell it :(

best

Stuart