Canon 1014 XL-S

Luke Sweetman

Hi

More questions in relation to a recently purchased canon 1014 XL-S, I tried to do some filming with

the time lapse settings.

I experienced some difficulties I tried it on several settings; 1 frame in

60secs (it worked for 5 minutes, then stopped altogether), then 1 frame in 20secs (it worked

correctly for about 3 minutes, then started dropping seconds, then it to stopped again), then tried

it on the 1 frame in 5 secs, it stopped again.

I then put it to the single frame setting and shot it about thirty times it then froze.

On all of these settings I had shutter angle to 220 angle, I shot it on Ektachrome 64t, had the

exposure set to be auto, and had the back eye-piece switched to close, the batteries we near full.

on every setting the same end of cartridge message appeared in the viewfinder. But needless to say the cart was not finished.

So what I am wondering is; the motor that governs the time lapse broken, or have I the wrong settings enabled.

Also if the camera is damaged is there anyone who knows somewhere or someone that repairs the canon 1014 XL-s, either in England or Ireland ( I live in Ireland).

many thanks for all help.

• Premium Member

Hi,

have you tried the time lapse without film stock?

is the film fresh or an ebay purchase, early 64t were not lubricated and some caused transport issues.

when the camera fails, what does the battery indicator show, is the needle still swinning accross the blue area.

Could be a sticky cartridge, try another cart of film...