1st Reel

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.vimeo.com/10224517

Just cut these shots up as a reel from a super16 short film I finished. Definitely looking for some honest critique, it's the 4th film I've shot and the first of which have been HD transferred. Thanks.

The film looks really nice, but it seems to work better as a trailer. if you are planning on sending this out to prospective employers you need to show your range, meaning showing work from more than one film. typically a demo reel is between three and ten minutes long. you may want to shoot for shorter though because an employer will usually only watch about 30 seconds of it before they get bored. you need to really grab their attention right off the bat. the first shot you have is really nice but a little cliched so you may want to try and find a more interesting shot. You should look for a shot with really interesting lighting and framing. if you show an employer that you can actually light worth a damn you will be an attractive prospect.

Nate, thanks for your helpful feedback, I appreciate it. I should've prefaced this clip without being an actual DP Reel, it's just something I threw together quickly to have something I shot on the internet. I'm still collecting the other footage I shot, and trying to figure out the whole file situation with mixing in SD footage with different aspect ratios and whatnot. As soon as I get it done, I'll be sure to post it up here.