Canon T2i vs. 7D

James Mehr

Are you sure? I've noticed that the 7d seems to have a slightly better image, but never noticed a difference in latitude (except there might be a tiny bit less noise with the 7d?). Also, bitrates aren't apples-to-apples; codecs have to be taken into account so your comparisons with the red and alexa aren't really helpful. Also, my t2i records at about 45 megabit/sec on average on cheap media so I don't know where you are getting those numbers.

I am not disagreeing; I am really quite a newbie to all this, but I am still curious to see your sources as I am working on some projects later this year for which it might be worth using a 7d if I can afford to rent one. And yes, I have used both cameras rather extensively, but never directly side-by-side.

Why not go with the Canon 60d. It is slightly more expensive than the T2i, but it has the upgraded iso options that are present in the 7d, as well as a flip out screen and manual audio controls. Although, I wouldn't record your main audio on the camera itself. It is a good compromise between the two in my opinion.

Video Production