I'm drawing a storyboard for the first time ever. Is it normal to have 16 pictures for one page of script? I'm drawing a different picture for every change in camera angle, is that the proper way to go about it?

As a former storyboard artist, here's what I can tell you. You need as many frames per scene or per shot as what is required to get the idea across to all who need it. For instance, if its just dialog, you can do a nice job with a limited about of shots that need boarded. Wide, closeups, define camera movement, etc - enough that everyone from the actors to the DP to set can get a good idea of what will be in each shot.

For action, one line of a script could have huge amounts of boards tied to it. For instance, you could have something like 10 boards for a single camera move that is covering the action. Its really important here in that anyone looking at them, can get exactly what needs to happen in that shot, even down to insurance companies. The actors should be able to understand what needs done, any wranglers and special effects people, on up and down the line. Its a bit of the gut instinct on yours and the directors part here. Pull those boards apart and putting them into a good animatic can also be a big next step - it actually can help speed things up a little for you if you are drawing pieces you know you're cutting up and putting together in an animatic.

Hope that helps